Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 07:18 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,039,948 times

Advertisements

yup. 300. Ok, I built up to it. The first time I think I did about 20 or 25. when I started getting able to finally make i4 sets of 25, my trainer said it's actually easier to do 'power crunches' - your stomach likes heat and working hard, it kicks your metabolism up and burns food better.

I do mine in bed, it's fine (doesn't need to be a hard floor, as long as you don't have much of a pillowtop). Knees up, and you only have to get your shoulders up 2"! Don't sit all the way up to your knees, it's almost like rocking. Get into a pace so you aren't stopping and starting - that's very tiring. So with my arms crossed in front of me, I count sets of 10 with my fingers I do one complete set of 10 reps, then I rest and do the same with the lower abs. then I either do a set of 5 or 10 reps for each diagonal if I'm feeling awake enough, and then go back to the crunches. I go through the cycle usually 3 times before I'm bored and wanna go to sleep.

Usually I have the tv on to some show I'm sorta listening to but don't need to watch. Takes me about 20 min to do a 3-set session.

But walking... hate doing that. DH has to bully me into the .40mile walk around my block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 06:32 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,658 times
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

May you have a relaxing and fun Sunday!!!!

Old 08-10-2008, 06:39 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,307,902 times
Talking thanks for the info wanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
yup. 300. Ok, I built up to it. The first time I think I did about 20 or 25. when I started getting able to finally make i4 sets of 25, my trainer said it's actually easier to do 'power crunches' - your stomach likes heat and working hard, it kicks your metabolism up and burns food better.

I do mine in bed, it's fine (doesn't need to be a hard floor, as long as you don't have much of a pillowtop). Knees up, and you only have to get your shoulders up 2"! Don't sit all the way up to your knees, it's almost like rocking. Get into a pace so you aren't stopping and starting - that's very tiring. So with my arms crossed in front of me, I count sets of 10 with my fingers I do one complete set of 10 reps, then I rest and do the same with the lower abs. then I either do a set of 5 or 10 reps for each diagonal if I'm feeling awake enough, and then go back to the crunches. I go through the cycle usually 3 times before I'm bored and wanna go to sleep.

Usually I have the tv on to some show I'm sorta listening to but don't need to watch. Takes me about 20 min to do a 3-set session.

But walking... hate doing that. DH has to bully me into the .40mile walk around my block.

thanks wanna, now i have a way to get rid of this computer belly...i'll give it a try....

Old 08-10-2008, 06:43 AM

Talking fall went to the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

May you have a relaxing and fun Sunday!!!!

good morning fallfanatic, did we fall asleep on the beech lastnight ?.....lol...

Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,658 times
Hi JFR!!! It is beautiful isn't it?? There is something so calming and relaxing and just peaceful about the sunrise...I love sunsets too, but it isn't quite the same as watching the sunrise.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
Hi JFR!!! It is beautiful isn't it?? There is something so calming and relaxing and just peaceful about the sunrise...I love sunsets too, but it isn't quite the same as watching the sunrise.
THAT'S the two most things that i miss living in upstate ny are the beach sun rises and seafood of which i get to see neither of....

Old 08-10-2008, 09:40 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,039,948 times
Good Morning! - or.. nearly noon.

pertty piccy fall!

So, JF.. did you try the power crunches? I was good last night, I did 3 sets of uppers and lowers and 1 set of each diagonals (gotta lie like a pretzel with your shoulders flat and knees bent up and twisted to the side. When you crunch up, only one shoulder really comes up - but you'll get the action in the oblique/diagonal muscles).

I should have mentioned, that when your shoulders only come up about 2", the small of your back never comes up. If it does - you're sitting up too high. that little bit is all that's needed to make those muscles work!

Good luck!

I think today, after DH wakes up and we have lunch, we'll go out and buy a new copier/printer/scanner for my office. They have such neat ones now, and Best Buy is having a good sale!

Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,972 times
Quote:

pertty piccy fall!

So, JF.. did you try the power crunches? I was good last night, I did 3 sets of uppers and lowers and 1 set of each diagonals (gotta lie like a pretzel with your shoulders flat and knees bent up and twisted to the side. When you crunch up, only one shoulder really comes up - but you'll get the action in the oblique/diagonal muscles).

I should have mentioned, that when your shoulders only come up about 2", the small of your back never comes up. If it does - you're sitting up too high. that little bit is all that's needed to make those muscles work!

Good luck!

I think today, after DH wakes up and we have lunch, we'll go out and buy a new copier/printer/scanner for my office. They have such neat ones now, and Best Buy is having a good sale!

We had a very very old printer and it died a while back. About a month ago they had a good sale on a printer/fax/scanner/copier. It is a HP Photosmart C7280 all in one. I love it-it is awesome. We got a great deal and then when we got to the register- we were handed a rebate form for another $25 off. It also prints professional looking photos-you just buy the special "paper". We sent my dad to buy the same one as it is on sale by him today and when we visit him we will hook it up for him.

Let us know how you make out.

Nicolem

Old 08-10-2008, 10:58 AM

Talking Ha ha ha ha

Quote:

pertty piccy fall!

Good luck!

i haven't tried them yet, as soon as i can get out of my new computer chair that i love very much...it's sooooo comfortable i can't seem to get out of it except to go pee....ROTF..PEEING MY PANTS....LMAO...

Old 08-10-2008, 11:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
i haven't tried them yet, as soon as i can get out of my new computer chair that i love very much...it's sooooo comfortable i can't seem to get out of it except to go pee....ROTF..PEEING MY PANTS....LMAO...
Your chair came already? Didn't you just order it Monday? That was pretty quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire