Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:50 PM

4,643 posts, read 14,000,655 times

Advertisements

PT, if you would consider Nashua for the short-term, there there is a complex called Twin Ponds that is dog friendly. There are even dog parks, which you may (or mat not) want to use so your dog can get some off leash exercise. I believe there is a 2 or 3 dog limit per unit, and possibly some breed restrictions, but a Yorkie/Peke should be fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 05:50 PM

20 posts, read 22,462 times
Val,

I got your DM and replied just a few minutes ago. The wife and I had been out all afternoon at our grandson's first birthday party. He and several of his 1 yr old friends had a time of it. It was a hoot.

Anyway, the Twin Ponds option sounds interesting. Do they do short term leases? We'll only be up there next year for 3-6 months. Do you know of anything similar further north, say Concord?

Thanks. PT

Old 12-12-2016, 07:10 AM

4,602 posts, read 5,727,812 times
Lightbulb Seasonal rental

I think Concord area would be a good base of operations as you search for interesting towns and narrow down your search area, especially if you plan to look for lots outside of the built-out suburbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Again we're looking for a short term rental house, 3-6 months, starting early next summer (May or June). We have a small dog, Pekingese/Yorkie mix, 12 lbs, and 10 years old. We're pretty flexible on location but would prefer somewhere from Concord to the lakes region. We do intend to buy/build a house in 2018, so will be using next year to narrow down our search area.
The prices will be higher, but if you look in the touristy lakes region areas you may be able to find a seasonal rental for the summer, that works around the issue of the short lease duration.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:17 AM

161 posts, read 169,131 times
I advise you Check out new London and the lake sunspee region.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
I think Concord area would be a good base of operations as you search for interesting towns and narrow down your search area, especially if you plan to look for lots outside of the built-out suburbs.

The prices will be higher, but if you look in the touristy lakes region areas you may be able to find a seasonal rental for the summer, that works around the issue of the short lease duration.
Thanks for reply Nonesuch. That's what we've been thinking. We been to so many interesting towns while visiting, we really think it best to find our temporary residence next summer in central NH. We see ourselves as frequently traveling to all those towns, all over the state, and want to keep commute time to a minimum.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
Jon, thanks for the recommendation. During one of our visits to NH, we drove through New London and liked it very much. We'll definitely include that area in our search.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
When I first moved up here, I lived in an apartment complex in Bedford for about 9 months until I bought my first house. I had a dog (a 20 lb Pug) and it wasn't a problem at all. The first 3 months I was in a corporate rental and then I moved into another apartment in the complex on a 6-month lease. Month-to-month was also available. Finding a private house might be harder, but if you extend your requirements to apartment complexes, you may be able widen the opportunities available to you.

It worked out well for me. It was especially nice for my first Winter in New Hampshire to not have to deal with snow, other than watching it fall from my window.
Deb,

Would you mind sharing the name of the apartment complex you stayed at in Bedford?

Thanks, PT

Old 12-13-2016, 08:45 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Deb,

Would you mind sharing the name of the apartment complex you stayed at in Bedford?

Thanks, PT
I rented in Hampshire Green in Bedford. There was also another place down the road, Heritage on the Merrimack, that I was considering as a shorter-term rental the first time I put my house on the market. I didn't sell the house that time around and the next year did things backwards (bought before I sold), so I never ended up needed to do it. I think there are a few others, as well.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
I rented in Hampshire Green in Bedford. There was also another place down the road, Heritage on the Merrimack, that I was considering as a shorter-term rental the first time I put my house on the market. I didn't sell the house that time around and the next year did things backwards (bought before I sold), so I never ended up needed to do it. I think there are a few others, as well.
We appreciate that Deb. This is my first time posting to CD and the feedback so far has been great. It's really a big help.

Thanks, PT

Old 12-14-2016, 08:38 PM

12,768 posts, read 9,968,244 times
Regarding a dog, I used to be renting with a dog, and I found that some places that don't take a dog, will take one if you explain that the dog is housebroken, and isn't destructive, and either offer to provide a larger security deposit or to pay a little extra per month to cover the owner's perceived greater risk, that can open doors...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire