Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 06:39 PM

20 posts, read 22,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Regarding a dog, I used to be renting with a dog, and I found that some places that don't take a dog, will take one if you explain that the dog is housebroken, and isn't destructive, and either offer to provide a larger security deposit or to pay a little extra per month to cover the owner's perceived greater risk, that can open doors...
That's something we need to keep in mind. I guess we shouldn't rule anything out. Our little dog is so well behaved and actually sleeps most of the day, so very little risk. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I understand it's a bit chilly up there right now. Heck, it's even cold down here in Alabama lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 10:43 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
That's something we need to keep in mind. I guess we shouldn't rule anything out. Our little dog is so well behaved and actually sleeps most of the day, so very little risk. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

I understand it's a bit chilly up there right now. Heck, it's even cold down here in Alabama lately.
Currently 9° in Nashua. But it is supposed to get up into the 50s over the weekend. The temps are doing a lot of ping-ponging.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
Currently 9° in Nashua. But it is supposed to get up into the 50s over the weekend. The temps are doing a lot of ping-ponging.
Yea, our low this morning 23 deg, but expect tomorrow's high around 68. Not that I'm complaining.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:53 PM

It has been a week since my original post and I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for their great feedback. The wife and I have been planning this retirement move to NH for about 8 years and now it's almost here. After the holidays it won't be long before we'll be headed your way.

Here's wishing y'all a blessed Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

PT

Old 12-17-2016, 11:07 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,306,731 times
Quote:
Yea, our low this morning 23 deg, but expect tomorrow's high around 68. Not that I'm complaining.
I'm just thinking now of the mud.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:49 PM

4,643 posts, read 14,000,655 times
It is definitely doable! I managed to secure a rental with these 2 beautiful girls, thanks to the letters of reference from their veterinarian, copies of their Canine Good Citizen awards, and my offer to pay an large (refundable) deposit:

Quote:

Old 12-17-2016, 05:52 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,230,745 times
Thumbs up Cool picture!! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
It is definitely doable! I managed to secure a rental with these 2 beautiful girls, thanks to the letters of reference from their veterinarian, copies of their Canine Good Citizen awards, and my offer to pay an large (refundable) deposit:

Dear VAL,

The picture is awesome!! Your girls are so beautiful! I love their Canine Good Citizen Award & references!! How old are they?

I thought you lived in a house with a RED DOOR? Did you move into an apartment building?

Oh, and by the way, we are MISSING YOU in the COUNTRY thread!!!

We are CELEBRATING NICOLE & "WANNA COME HOME"S BIRTHDAY!!! MOJITOS & CAKE ARE being served!!

Hope to see you there!! If not, I will have to stop by & pick up in person!! LOL!! Thanks!

Old 12-18-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Val,

Those look like great dogs. And thanks for the advice.

We now are planning to offer a large pet deposit, even if the listing specifies no pets, in the hope that it will open up more rental opportunities.

BTW, this is Molly.

Need advice on moving to NH 2017/2018-img_0426.jpg

Old 12-19-2016, 06:51 AM

4,643 posts, read 14,000,655 times
Molly is adorable! Love her teddybear face and long ears Her groomer does a wonderful job...

They were wonderful dogs, heart of my heart girls. We were able to find a house to rent when we moved the family from New England to the St. Louis area. The advertisement said "small pets negotiable" and I went for it with everything I had. Leaving them behind until we bought a house there was out of the question, so I was desperate to find a place that would accept them. Having 2 large dogs that were both listed on the 'dangerous dogs' list made it harder, but I included the picture to show that it IS possible.

Sadly, they are no longer with us. Misty (on the left) we got from the shelter when she was about 8 weeks old, and she was with us for nearly 14 years. I think she just wanted to get her paws back on New England soil... Jazzmin (on the right) was purchased in Boxford, MA. Mom was a champion American GSD, and Dad was from working (German) lines, and she was the best of them both. Sadly, we only had her for 8 years (didn't make it through surgery after bloat/gastric torsion).

Quote:
Val,

Those look like great dogs. And thanks for the advice.

We now are planning to offer a large pet deposit, even if the listing specifies no pets, in the hope that it will open up more rental opportunities.

BTW, this is Molly.

Attachment 178845
YOU have such a good memory--we DO Have a Red Door That picture, I believe is from 1996 or 1997 ANCIENT history Now I am old and grey LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Dear VAL,

The picture is awesome!! Your girls are so beautiful! I love their Canine Good Citizen Award & references!! How old are they?

I thought you lived in a house with a RED DOOR? Did you move into an apartment building?

Old 12-19-2016, 07:18 PM

540 posts, read 594,928 times
Quote:
---

Appreciate the suggestion Deb. The only thing that would concern us is when we're away from the apartment and dog is barking. She doesn't bark much but is a good guard dog and alerts us when someone approaches our house. We're very mindful about not disturbing our neighbors peace and quiet. Hence the need for a standalone house. But depending on tha layout, an apartment might still work. We'll have to reconsider that. Thanks much.
Sent you a PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire