Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:37 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,014,869 times

Advertisements

Today was particularly horrid. We went on a hike -- thankfully a quick one, but all of us were having a hard time with that mountain. We were quite grateful to get back into the car's air conditioning....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 05:56 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Most of this weekend was nice but today was miserable. I was going to do full water changes in my fish room but instead stuck with just topping the tanks off because there's no AC in the basement. When I went to the store I took the long way home because the AC in the car felt so nice. lol

Old 09-03-2018, 07:58 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
As a 80s kid I still remember a lot of it being hot and miserable in summer lol though we never had AC. I grew up in CT though. I’m not sure how it is there today. I left when I graduated high school. I live in western Washington now and even here the summers are getting pretty bad. It is further north and has a maritime climate so it supposed to be quite mild. Every August is basically filled with wildfire smoke here now and the days of 90f+ grow each year.
You grew up in CT, I am living in CT now. It's hot and very humid and going outside is unbearable. Today I tried to sit by a river to cool off but it was too hot and muggy. I had to go and get ice coffee and sit in a/c.

I grew up in the 1950s in western MA (CT River valley) and "hot" to me was 85 degrees. I remember that clearly. Maybe statistics would show that it got up to 90 once in a while but I don't remember that. The first horrible summer I can remember is around 1989. I went up to the Adirondacks that summer to get away from the heat.

Winters have always been long and horrible. I don't know if winter has changed. Summers are not like New England summers used to be though.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:48 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,736,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You grew up in CT, I am living in CT now. It's hot and very humid and going outside is unbearable. Today I tried to sit by a river to cool off but it was too hot and muggy. I had to go and get ice coffee and sit in a/c.

I grew up in the 1950s in western MA (CT River valley) and "hot" to me was 85 degrees. I remember that clearly. Maybe statistics would show that it got up to 90 once in a while but I don't remember that. The first horrible summer I can remember is around 1989. I went up to the Adirondacks that summer to get away from the heat.

Winters have always been long and horrible. I don't know if winter has changed. Summers are not like New England summers used to be though.
Ah that’s a shame. I haven’t lived out here in western Washington to say how different it is but everyone says it is way hotter than it used to be. The average high is supposed to upper 70s but it has passed 90s many times but at least we don’t have humidity out here so it isn’t too bad plus it goes into the 50s every night in summer so it is pleasant to sleep in. Plus it doesn’t hit peak hotness till 5pm. Mornings here are quite cool...50s/60s

Old 09-04-2018, 09:47 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,448 times
Yeah, we only have AC in our bedrooms and we've been running them a bunch this summer. Heat we can handle with fans but the humidity has been pretty rough this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire