Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 03:22 PM

15 posts, read 36,338 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe that Keene is not being mentioned more frequently. Also, Peterborough, Jaffrey, Walpole, Charlestown, Hancock and Harrisville. Some have limited commerce but all are beautiful small American towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 05:45 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
OMG Aptor! I ate so much there I felt like a beached whale! Unbelievable value too!

Please share your thoughts of where you find great cuisine in Northern New Hampshire
Littleton-Chang Thai, Baliwicks, Beal House Hmmm....in Lincoln NH check out Thai 9 for great Sushi and Thia food!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:33 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkinBee View Post
I cannot believe that Keene is not being mentioned more frequently. Also, Peterborough, Jaffrey, Walpole, Charlestown, Hancock and Harrisville. Some have limited commerce but all are beautiful small American towns.
Mostly because few people are very familiar with the Monadnock region! It is a lovely area. Aside from getting used to how long it will take to do any sort of shopping... I will feel blessed to live there.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
If anybody goes to Beal House please give me a review. It is on my "must go" list but I have yet to go I waited on the bartender and chief buying provisions at Shaws and they seemed super nice I have heard only great things from friends about this place

Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,702 times
My wife and I moved to N.Woodstock a few years back. (1995-2000). I really enjoyed the small town feel. There were only two houses on our street. I had a good paying job in Lincoln. However, it was hard to make friends because most people had to work two jobs just to survive. Plus if you were not born here then you will always be an outsider. We would go to Town Meeting just for a night out. Sit in the back row and keep your mouth shut as it were. My wife got so depressed we had to leave and move ,God forbid, back to Mass. I will say if the case ever arises I would move back in a heartbeat.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM

10 posts, read 17,519 times
lancaster NH

where i live

Old 01-17-2010, 01:45 PM

141 posts, read 282,416 times
Default littleton during winter

I know it seems almost like summer when we reach 30 degrees but persoallt it feels much warmer around 10 degrees especially after a fresh blanket of snow! Littleton is so serene after the snow as the snow asorbs the sounds of traffic etc. Hope you all are staying warm and having a cozy white winter!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Smile Littleton's warm spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
I know it seems almost like summer when we reach 30 degrees but persoallt it feels much warmer around 10 degrees especially after a fresh blanket of snow! Littleton is so serene after the snow as the snow asorbs the sounds of traffic etc. Hope you all are staying warm and having a cozy white winter!
Good to see you back here Sandbarcreek! Yes, we do welcome the thaw and for yours truly 30F is a thaw up here. But there are micro pockets where when it is 30 in LIttleton it could be 5F on some hill tops. So enjoy the next week or so, as in about 2 weeks it may just come down real heavy!

Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Thumbs up Colebrook

For many, Colebrook may just be totally out of the question as a place to call home. However, if you want to live in a Sporting and Field & Stream Paradise then Colebrook is the place for you!

For such a small town there are also a good number of restaurants and very scenic lodging as well if you ever decide to just take a day trip or spend the weekend going skiing! During the summer you may think you spotted Huckleberry Finn of Tom Sawyer! Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM

141 posts, read 282,416 times
Thumbs up Colbrook is Cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
For many, Colebrook may just be totally out of the question as a place to call home. However, if you want to live in a Sporting and Field & Stream Paradise then Colebrook is the place for you!

For such a small town there are also a good number of restaurants and very scenic lodging as well if you ever decide to just take a day trip or spend the weekend going skiing! During the summer you may think you spotted Huckleberry Finn of Tom Sawyer! Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Littleton is cold but so is Colebrook Mr Comet! Love the snow! Our cross country skiing is really fun too! People down near Keane should check out all of our trails up here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire