Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2022, 04:33 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times

Advertisements

Please get well soon! ALOE VERA PLANT is awesome! Try it out! BLESSINGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That you so much, my friend! We are snowed in now! We got 16 inches of snow. It's kind of cozy sitting in front of the fireplace.

I am feeling OK. The stiches were taken out and it's healing nicely it seems. The only thing is it's very itchy.

Were you or any other members of the Country Porch Family, affected by the snow?

Dear Sheena,

Well, I am glad to hear that it is healing nicely Great news! Thanks for the update!

Since it is itchy, and I always assume that everyone has an aloe vera plant in their kitchen, I

suggest that you open one of the leaves, take the aloe vera gel out and rub it over the area that is itching. Aloe vera is wonderful for burns, cuts, itching, and it is used in a lot of creams to help with wrinkles or to prevent them, diminish them, etc.

Try it out & see, it will be refreshing & help also with scaring.

If by any chance, you do not have an aloe vera plant in your kitchen, then try putting a bit of coconut oil on the itchy part.

Hope this helps, my friend!

Please get well soon! ((((HUGS))))

COUNTRY

Last edited by countrylv22; 01-19-2022 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Please STAY TUNED to the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY thread, we have a BIG BIRTHDAY coming up soon! I'm still BAKING some goodies!:) So, PLEASE COME BACK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 05:07 PM

Talking AWESOME RECIPE & post! Thank you, DEAR LODESTAR!! I LOVE IT ALL! HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Hello all!

Better late than never. Hope I can handle a little more comfort and joy. LOL

Thanks for the book reference, Grandview Gloria, and the description of the little pecan pies. You make food interesting.

Like Sheena we're bringing chocolate. Our hostess has asked for the recipe so I'll include it. It's my splurgy version of a dessert his mother used to make that he called Yum-yum.

Break a chocolate angel food cake into a trifle bowl or you can use a nine by thirteen-inch cake pan.

The other two layers are either chocolate mousse or chocolate pudding and chocolate buttercream frosting or chocolate ganache.

If you really want to dish out death by chocolate you can add a top layer of chocolate whipped cream which I will do for his upcoming birthday celebration.

Here's what I am using for my fillings:

Mousse

In blender sprinkle 1 envelope Knox gelatine.
Let rest one minute then add 2 egg yolks, 1/2 C. hot milk and blend.
Pour into sauce pan and cook five minutes at medium low.
Put 2/3 to a full bag good chocolate chips into pan and stir to melt. Cool.
When cool add 1 and 1/2 C. whipping cream, whipped.

Ganache

In saucepan heat 1 C. whipping cream and add a stick of butter (1/4 pound), a pinch of salt and five one-ounce squares of bitter chocolate. When cool add powdered sugar to taste.

For those who would prefer to avoid the dangers of such wonderful gluttony I've also brought sliced red pears dressed with bleu cheese and pomegranate seeds and caprese salad on a stick.

Let's make a New Year's resolution to carry some of this joy with us in our hearts every day all year 'round.

Thanks for the invitation!

My Dear LODESTAR,

Thank you so much for this delicious recipe, also known as YUM YUM!

I hope that your HUBBY had an AMAZING CELEBRATION enjoying this!!

Best of wishes to him for many more years to come full of LOVE & DELICIOUS goodies from you & your CHEF daughter!! Please tell him that we are ALL wishing him a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY full of only the BEST!!

I agree with everything you said, about GRAND VIEW GLORIA'S DELICIOUS goodies And SHEENA'S
great choice of CHOCOLATE

But most of all I agree with the sentiment to make a New Year's Resolution to carry some of this JOY with us in our hearts every day all year' round! And I AM STILL CELEBRATING!!! So, PLEASE JOIN ME!!

Now, EVERYONE, PLEASE STAY TUNED, because we will be CELEBRATING a very SPECIAL LADY very soon, she is having a very SPECIAL BIRTHDAY!!

So, PLEASE COME BACK to join the FUN & GOODIES!!

CHEERS, BLESSINGS, HAPPY NEW YEAR WISHES, MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL STILL CELEBRATING

(especially our ORTHODOX Friends in the US & overseas, THEIR REAL BIG CHRISTAMS was on January 6 & or 7th & it is STILL going on!!)

Old 01-19-2022, 05:53 PM

Talking Thank you, GS! I appreciate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Thank you and have a great New Year Country!

Thank you, my friend! Thanks so much for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY!!
I hope that 2022 is starting out well!!

Now, STAY TUNED, we will be CELEBRATING A VERY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY SOON!
So, COME BACK AGAIN to have some GLUTEN FREE CAKE & other goodies!!

Old 01-19-2022, 07:17 PM

Talking Thank you, DEAR BOS, for your GREAT posts here! HAPPY NEW YEAR NH & everyone HERE!! CHEERS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you, Country, for the new year's wishes. Happy 2022 to you and all who post in this thread. May 2022 bring health, happiness and prosperity.

My Dear BOS2IAD,

So GREAT to see you!!YAY!! Thanks for your kind post & great wishes!!

I pray that you are right, that 2022 brings GREAT HEALTH, HAPPINESS & PROSPERITY to ALL HERE!!!
3 CHEERS to THAT!!

Thank you so much for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY!!

I truly appreciate all of your posts, contributions & kindness here!! May God Bless you, my Friend!!

CHEERS, HUGS, BLESSINGS, PRAYERS going your way!!

COUNTRY

Old 01-19-2022, 08:51 PM

564 posts, read 1,043,990 times
Countrylv22, I'm joining the ranks of followers here to applaud you for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I have not followed this group regularly so I don't have any history to go on but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your direct messages and checking in.

I once dropped in here when I saw something about Christmas but is this group mainly people from New Hampshire? I was there when I was a very young girl so I don't remember a whole lot but I think of the beautiful mountains, clean air and towns described in books and movies about Christmas.

I'm a Christmas nut, just like my mother was. She passed down her love of it to me. And yes, Countrylv22, to me Christmas extends into the Epiphany as well. But as for the decorations, I keep my tiny tree up until sometime in late February. As a matter of fact, the lights are on right now where I have my little tree. I love to shut all the lights off and gaze at the beautiful tree. It adds warmth to cold winter days.

My dream is to work in a year round Christmas shop. I have worked at three seasonal Christmas stores in the past. I took a trip to Pigeon Forge once just to see their huge Christmas store. Across the street from it is a Christmas hotel which is decorated with Christmas decorations year round too.

This group has so many pages I can't begin to go back and read everything but I can see it's a warm and lovely close group. I vow to start visiting here more often!

Old 01-19-2022, 10:35 PM

Talking WELCOME BACK, FRIEND!! Glad that you could make it! (((HUGS)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
Countrylv22, I'm joining the ranks of followers here to

applaud you for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

I have not followed this group regularly so I don't have any history to go on but

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your direct messages and checking in.

I once dropped in here when I saw something about Christmas but is this

group mainly people from New Hampshire?

I was there when I was a very young girl so I don't remember a

whole lot but I think of the beautiful mountains, clean air and towns described in books and

movies about Christmas.

I'm a Christmas nut, just like my mother was. She passed down her love of it to

me. And yes, Countrylv22, to me Christmas extends into the Epiphany as well. But as for the decorations, I keep my tiny tree up until sometime in late February. As a matter of fact, the lights are on right now where I have my little tree. I love to shut all the lights off and gaze at the beautiful tree. It adds warmth to cold winter days.

My dream is to work in a year round Christmas shop. I have worked at three seasonal Christmas stores in the past. I took a trip to Pigeon Forge once just to see their huge Christmas store. Across the street from it is a Christmas hotel which is decorated with Christmas decorations year round too.

This group has so many pages I can't begin to go back and read everything but I can see it's a warm and lovely close group. I vow to start visiting here more often!

Dear M. in NC.:

Yay! YOU ARE BACK!! Glad to see you again, so happy that you could make it over here!!

Thank you for your kind post, words, wishes, etc.! I love it!

WELCOME HOME!!((((HUGS)))))PLEASE keep coming back, we have a lot of FUN,

CELEBRATING the HOLIDAYS, CHRISTMAS, New Years, Epiphany, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th,
Veterans Day, etc. And of course BIRTHDAYS!!!

And everything in between! We share our HAPPY TIMES, HAPPY EVENTS, and of course,
we console each other when there are sorrows, sad times & or unfortunate situations......

Allow me to answer a couple of questions for ya:

1) The FOUNDER of this THREAD, SUZETTE, a Moderator at the time, started this
thread, she lives in CALIFORNIA, but was dreaming of moving to NH
(she did move to NH
for a short period of time)

2) You DO NOT have to live in New Hampshire, or want to move to NH, to participate here.

3) This thread has had people from all over the country & world!!

4) Our Dear Friend ALMRAUSCH is from Canada (originally from Germany)
She has mouth watering recipes & goodies!

5) Our Dear GRANITE STATER loves NH, but moves around the country a lot due to his job/career.

6) People from ISRAEL have posted here, as well as from ALL over the New England area & country!

7) Another dear poster/member & lovely Friend, SHEENA, is in Ohio (the New England part )

8) Another lovely Friend, KATHRYN ARAGON is in Texas. But she has been all over the place as well....

9) Our Dear Friend & long time poster, BOS2IAD is on the East Coast(I will let her specify where exactly )

10) Our Dear Friend, Baker/Chef, LODESTAR is in Minnesota

11) One of our oldest members, friends, NH2NCMom, is a NH native, ADORES NH, but is now in North
Carolina (maybe you have seen her around over there )

12) Another friend, member from way back is VALERIE C., she is in NH, ADORES NH, but is also familiar
with MA.

13) Another wonderful lady, & great poster, CASEY B., is in MA, but also spends some time in SC.

14) An AMAZING LADY & Friend, GRAND VIEW GLORIA spends time in different parts of the country.
And she can create the most amazing keto friendly delicious recipes that will make you drool.....

15) Another amazing cook, baker & super nice lady, NERYS52 is n Europe

16) And another wonderful FRIEND & long time poster, NOR'EASTAH is in Maine, and spends time in TN

17) A very nice local, that loves to cook, is KAREN in NH, she is in NH.

18) And super sweet long time lady & friend, "BOO", she is on the West Coast.

19) We have many more posters in this thread, from NEW HAMPSHIRE, MAINE, CT, VT, MA, VA, MD, WA,
ID, CO, GA, AZ, LA, RI, MO, MI, OH, PA, TX, CA, OR, TN, SC, NC, NJ, WI, MN, SD, ND, AK, HI, NV, MT,
WY, UT, KS, NE, OK, MS, AL,FL, KY, AR, IA, IL, IN, NM, WV, DE, NY, etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line is that we have members from ALL over the world, all over the country.
Like I said before, we have had people post here from Russia, Israel, Germany, Canada, etc. etc. etc.

So, PLEASE do not think that you have be in NH to post here, not only that, but you've been to NH, so that COUNTS!!LOL!

Anyway, DEAR FRIEND, WELCOME BACK, there is more that I want to say, but I will continue in another post! So, STAY tuned! And COME BACK SOON!
FROM ONE CHRISTMAS NUT to ANOTHER, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022,

Blessings & Best of wishes for this year! May ALL of your DREAM COME TRUE, in 2022!!(((((HUGS)))))

Old 01-20-2022, 01:05 AM

Talking Thanks for the lovely post, my FRIEND!:) Blessings & Best of wishes to EVERYONE HERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch:

Happy New Year all the way from Canada!

I hope everyone here had a good start to the new year. We are expecting quite a bit of snow and I can hardly wait.

My Dear ALMRAUSCH,

HELLO THERE! Best of wishes to YOU & to ALL of CANADA!!!

Thank you so much for your kind post & wishes!

Thank you for also sending us some of your SNOW It is so BEAUTIFUL!!

Even though several of my flights got cancelled LOL! Crazy time for traveling! I hope that your loved ones did not have any problems.

((((HUGS)))))BLESSINGS & BEST of WISHES to you & yours for 2022!!

I am still CELEBRATING & enjoying some CHRISTMAS treats!

Thank you for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY!!

Old 01-20-2022, 02:08 AM

Talking Merry Christmas & a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022, Miamian in NC! Blessings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
Countrylv22, I'm joining the ranks of followers here to applaud you for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I have not followed this group regularly so I don't have any history to go on but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your direct messages and checking in.

I once dropped in here when I saw something about Christmas but is this group mainly people from New Hampshire? I was there when I was a very young girl so I don't remember a whole lot but I think of the beautiful mountains, clean air and towns described in books and movies about Christmas.

I'm a Christmas nut, just like my mother was. She passed down her love of it to me. And yes, Countrylv22, to me Christmas extends into the Epiphany as well. But as for the decorations, I keep my tiny tree up until sometime in late February. As a matter of fact, the lights are on right now where I have my little tree. I love to shut all the lights off and gaze at the beautiful tree. It adds warmth to cold winter days.

From ONE CHRISTMAS NUT to another!

I hope that you enjoy watching this Christmas video. It is truly lovely!

I have read that it is open with CHRISTMAS lights & festivities all year. However, I also read that it is open with CHRISTMAS FESTIVITIES from Thanksgiving until Valentine's Day.

"Leavenworth celebrates Christmas all year-round! There are shops downtown that focus exclusively on Christmas: Kris Kringle for ornaments and decorations, the Gingerbread Factory for Christmas cookies, and the Nutcracker Museum for the world’s largest collection of nutcrackers."

"A Village of Lights. From Thanksgiving through Valentines Day this small town in the alp like mountains of Washington State comes alive with millions upon millions of Christmas lights and joyous Christmas lighting ceremonies on the first three weekends of the month every Saturday and Sunday at 4:30PM"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E05yigqLu4Q&t=2s

"Inspired by the iconic Christmas markets in Germany, Leavenworth’s Christkindlmarkt features food stalls and booths from local artisans. Sample Bavarian food, and shop handcrafted Christmas wares all while listening to a live Bavarian band. If you love Christmas stores, prepare yourself for Kris Kringl.

I wonder if there is something like this in the New England area, or the East Coast part of the country.
I know of Williamsburg, Virginia, which would be fun to visit during Christmas, as well as certain New England towns. And Chicago has 2 Christmas markets as well (I will write about them in another post)

I have not been to Pigeon Forge, I will have to check that out. Thanks for the tip!

Now, please come back again soon, we will be CELEBRATING a VERY SPECIAL LADY, she is having a BIRTHDAY PARTY SOON!!

Old 01-20-2022, 05:59 AM

Talking HAPPY BIRTHDAY to OUR DEAR KATHRYN ARAGON! Please join the party!

Dear City Data Forum Friends, New Hampshire Forum Friends,

New England Forum Friends, USA Forum Friends, CANADA Forum Friends, EUROPE Forum Friends,

FOOD FORUM Friends, etc. etc. etc.

DEAR COUNTRY PORCH FRIENDS!!

Please JOIN the PARTY, FUN, CELEBRATIONS for a GREAT LONG TIME POSTER, an AMAZING LADY & FRIEND!! KATHRYN ARAGON!!

A WONDERFUL COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY MEMBER!! YAY!! It is HER SPECIAL WEEK, HER SPECIAL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! This is a very SPECIAL BIRTHDAY!! Please HELP IN CELEBRATING this very NICE LADY!!

And a GREAT CONTRIBUTOR to the COUNTRY PORCH thread & to CITY DATA in general!!

DEAREST KATHRYN ARAGON,

Wishing you a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY, FULL OF JOY, LAUGHTER, LOVE, HAPPINESS, HUGS, your favorite meal, desserts, cookies, chocolates, treats, etc. etc.

Thank you for ALL of your wonderful posts, your KINDNESS, your concern, your helpful attitude & your FRIENDSHIP!!!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!! RELAX, CELEBRATE, ENJOY & Take it easy! Have some delicious treats!

We are having a ton of different cakes, pies, ice cream, chocolates, wine, champagne, coffee, teas, etc.

THANK YOU for everything, DEAR KATHRYN ARAGON!!

CHEERS, BLESSINGS, HUGS, LOVE going your way!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY & MANY MORE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdqj0T6F5HU&t=4s

Happy Birthday Song Satchmo Style - jazzy birthday wishes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weYSdrpIvKk&t=2s

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR KATHRYN ARAGON!!!And many more!!

Old 01-20-2022, 06:47 AM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Through countrylv I heard it is Kathryn Aragons birthday.The news arrived like an echo across the snow dunes. I put my cross country skis on,my rucksack on my back and here I am.Dear Kathryn I wish you a very healthy and happy birthday and may this year bring you joy and new things to explore! I brought in my rucksack fresh baked Marzipan hearts and all the ingredients for Glühwein/mulled red wine. We only get younger in our hearts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire