Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 06:20 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,551,647 times

Advertisements

where does misinformation and fear mongering come from??

RIGHT HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEov5KkQDsw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 08:16 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,283,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfca30 View Post
We have an extreme far-left legislature now who seem to be doing everything they can to put us into a Great Depression. Our Republican Governor apparently cares more about going on CNN every day than actually living our state's motto.

In recent days, there seems to be growing angst around the country to atleast start the ball rolling in reopening state economies. Perhaps that will eventually move Sununu to act, But Democrats seem to be satisfied with making everything as difficult and as strict as possible
Oh no, it sounds exactly like Vermont with the far-left and progressive legislature that is destroying our State.I will say a pray for NH. They are doing so much damage to our country.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:35 PM

979 posts, read 584,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Right-wingers love to talk a big game about how tough they are, compared to the avocado-toast-eating class, but what Wednesday's protest revealed was a bunch of spoiled brats ready to fall apart in the face of even the slightest inconvenience.

Rosanne Ponkowski, one of the protest's organizers, complained to the Daily Beast, "We can't take our boats on the water if they have an engine" and added, "We can't buy paint and go paint our house."

Other massive infringements on liberty: The inability to buy patio furniture, Legos or bug spray. It's not easy to hire somebody to mow the lawn. You literally can't make this stuff up.

What is immediately clear is that these "rugged individuals" fall apart completely at the first sign of even the slightest hardship. For all the History Channel documentaries about World War II they might consume, they aren't exactly the hard-bitten warriors they dream themselves to be. Instead, they're a bunch of whiny babies who have spent their entire lives in the consumer bubble, and react to the prospect of giving up fishing for a few months as if their legs were being forcibly amputated.

Turns out that these individuals are, in fact, highly dependent on the communities they live in, so much so that a few weeks of needing to curtail shopping and socializing has led to a total meltdown.
We're in a pandemic. We're all going crazy, what do you want

Old 04-25-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Apparently he want's less rights and more infringements

Old 05-02-2020, 07:49 AM

20 posts, read 12,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
I guess if you believe that we are in a pandemic than that would be true but consider the facts:

1. The death rate is 0.03% vs the flu which is 1.2%.
2. The CDC's own documents state that no matter what the cause of death is they should be counted as corona virus
deaths. This is causing all other historical death numbers to plummet for things such as heart attack, pneumonia, cancer,
and even the flu.
3. The solution of complete lock down is killing businesses at an unprecedented rate. This is causing a domino effect on the
economy which in turn results in poverty, supply chain problems which will cause starvation, and homelessness.

I'd take my chance with something less deadlier than the flu that cause more widespread problems than this virus every could.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:16 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,888,195 times
IMHO the number ONE enemy to our freedoms are Do Gooders that want to force a behavior on others by passing laws: i.e. Mandatory Motorcycle helmets, no soft drinks larger than 16 ounces, Mandatory seat belts, No Smoking (BTW I HATE CIGARETTES), etc. etc. I do we.ar a helmet and fasten my seat belt almost always, when I want.

Now to the "if it saves one life . . ." crowd. Mandatory helmet use in all vehicles would save even more lives. Probably thousands.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:51 PM

352 posts, read 227,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
IMHO the number ONE enemy to our freedoms are Do Gooders that want to force a behavior on others by passing laws: i.e. Mandatory Motorcycle helmets, no soft drinks larger than 16 ounces, Mandatory seat belts, No Smoking (BTW I HATE CIGARETTES), etc. etc. I do we.ar a helmet and fasten my seat belt almost always, when I want.

Now to the "if it saves one life . . ." crowd. Mandatory helmet use in all vehicles would save even more lives. Probably thousands.
Yikes...don't give the government lovers any ideas.

Old 05-07-2020, 02:51 AM

26,665 posts, read 28,794,493 times
Wow, I am so glad I moved away from a town that was so close to NH. We had to put up with your druggies and your folks who often decided to drive around without a license. Not to mention all your liquor stores and even gun stores. You don't even require car insurance. You don't believe in seat belts either? Really?

I had to drive through NH to get to Maine for vacation and once I had to drive through NH to get to Vermont for good camping. But that was it! You do have Market Basket and that's one positive you've got going for you. The rest, the Live Free or Die--you can have it.

The only good parts were the rich places where few can afford to live anyway--Rye, Stratham, Exeter, those areas. If you want good state campgrounds, Vermont has them, not NH. You're probably got more guns up there than all the other New England states combined. Keep your guns, you know you have a lot to be afraid of and you'll need them to defend yourselves from that virus. Shoot it dead! Don't be afraid of other New Englanders though; we don't have lots of guns and we mostly just drive through your state because we have to every once in a while.

Your property taxes are high too. We in WMass and even down in CT get along fine by applying reasonable rules for people to live by and we pitch in together. No need for guns and defying the law. /NH rant

Last edited by in_newengland; 05-07-2020 at 03:19 PM..

Old 05-07-2020, 12:00 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,357,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You don't even require car insurance. You don't believe in seat belts either? Really?

I did not know that. I knew about gun-toting, but seriously?

Old 05-07-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Wow, I am so glad I moved away from a town that was so close to NH. We had to put up with your druggies and your folks who often decided to drive around without a license. Not to mention all your liquor stores and even gun stores. You don't even require car insurance. You don't believe in seat belts either? Really?

I had to drive through NH to get to Maine for vacation and once I had to drive through NH to get to Vermont for good camping. But that was it! You do have Market Basket and that's one positive you've got going for you. The rest, the Live Free or Die--you can have it.

The only good parts were the rich places where few can afford to live anyway--Rye, Stratham, Exeter, those areas. If you want good state campgrounds, Vermont has them, not NH. You're probably got more guns up there than all the other New England states combined. Keep your guns, you know you have a lot to be afraid of and you'll need them to defend yourselves from that virus. Shoot it dead! Don't be afraid of other New Englanders though; we don't have lots of guns and we mostly just drive through your state because we have to every once in a while.

Your property taxes are high too. We in WMass and even down in CT get along fine by applying reasonable rules for people to live by and we pitch in together. No need for guns and defying the law. /NH rant

No we don't have seat belt laws, or helmet laws, guess we trust that people can make their own decisions without a nanny government lording over us, and when they get the idea that they should, we are quite happy to tell them NO!

Now if you like being treated as a child by your government, fine, stay out of my state, we have enough like you as it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire