Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 08:15 AM

9,196 posts, read 6,370,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
If you dont like liberal tendencies, why did you(NH) elect a democratic legislature? Ma didnt elect your govt. if you have complaints look at yourselves.
People are not allowed to vote in every legislative district in NH, DUH!.... and FYI my NH representative is conservative.

Furthermore if you are at all familiar with NH legislative history you would know that it has gone back and forth between the parties unlike MA where it has been guaranteed democrat for the last fifty years straight. We in NH remind both political parties they work for us and when they get too cocky we throw them out for a term or two.

Last edited by AtkinsonDan; 05-10-2020 at 08:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 09:55 AM

257 posts, read 207,881 times
CrazyDave is absolutely right. And IF it is true that there are record numbers of COVID positive cases and deaths among the homeless, that would more likely be due to not being in good health, poor nutrition, subtance abuse (not merely use), and most likely having one or more co-morbidities, NOT because they are outside, without masks, not social distancing, etc. One of the best ways to build and strengthen your immune system is exposure to the rest of the world while also taking good care of your health and well-being. Babies, for example, are born with very little immunity and rely upon antibodies and healthy intestinal bacteria transmitted by the mother before they were born and then the immune system builds and strengthens as they grow. Healthy individuals who work in healthcare are rarely sick, despite being exposed to people with communicable illnesses on a regular basis. Fresh air and sunlight and opening the economy back up WITHOUT restrictions is the best cure for all our problems right now.

Old 05-10-2020, 10:01 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,549,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
People are not allowed to vote in every legislative district in NH, DUH!.... and FYI my NH representative is conservative.

Furthermore if you are at all familiar with NH legislative history you would know that it has gone back and forth between the parties unlike MA where it has been guaranteed democrat for the last fifty years straight. We in NH remind both political parties they work for us and when they get too cocky we throw them out for a term or two.
In Mass even the republicans are democrats Weld was never anything but a RINO just like the current governor

Old 05-10-2020, 10:18 AM

12,194 posts, read 8,088,045 times
But hey, MA has never been so successful. I have a list of companies wanting to move to Mass and I literally dont have the office space to give them not allocate.

NH too.. NH and MA are two of the three most successful states in the Northeast right now. Don't take it for granted, take advantage of it before its gone and MA/NH go the direction of CT/NJ/Upstate NY (Crap).

Old 05-10-2020, 10:24 AM

masssachoicetts so sorry, but it appears you have tested positive for a virus and as such you have been put in quarantine to slow the spread to others

Old 05-10-2020, 10:27 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,386,499 times
This is what it comes down to. If you are prone to conspiracy theories or see everything through the lens of Republican vs Democrat, then you are going to seek out information that you want to hear and everything else that contradicts that view is fake news, and everyone that thinks otherwise are "sheep" or "sheeple". It's so predictable. You wanna talk about living in fear and paranoia? Just listen to yourselves and conspiracies about Plandemic, Fauci, Bill Gates, police state, overthrow of the Constitution, vaccinations, Soros, WHO, global deep state world domination, and Dr. Evil. This stuff is just as bad. If I wanted to be immersed in this crap, I'd follow Brietbart or Alex Jones. I'm ashamed of this state in that there are so many people that believe this is a hoax or conspiracy. It's embarrassing.
So ashamed of my  state-google-wat-i-want-beleeve-coleco

Old 05-10-2020, 10:33 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,881,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Wow, I am so glad I moved away from a town that was so close to NH. We had to put up with your druggies and your folks who often decided to drive around without a license. Not to mention all your liquor stores and even gun stores. You don't even require car insurance. You don't believe in seat belts either? Really?

I had to drive through NH to get to Maine for vacation and once I had to drive through NH to get to Vermont for good camping. But that was it! You do have Market Basket and that's one positive you've got going for you. The rest, the Live Free or Die--you can have it.

The only good parts were the rich places where few can afford to live anyway--Rye, Stratham, Exeter, those areas. If you want good state campgrounds, Vermont has them, not NH. You're probably got more guns up there than all the other New England states combined. Keep your guns, you know you have a lot to be afraid of and you'll need them to defend yourselves from that virus. Shoot it dead! Don't be afraid of other New Englanders though; we don't have lots of guns and we mostly just drive through your state because we have to every once in a while.

Your property taxes are high too. We in WMass and even down in CT get along fine by applying reasonable rules for people to live by and we pitch in together. No need for guns and defying the law. /NH rant
I am Gunluvver2, the OP of this thread. BTW I live in Nebraska not New Hampshire. I have never lived in any New England states but when I was an over the road truck driver I was in and out of the New England states quite often. I will not judge any area because of a few aholes that I met while there but I will say this: N. Hampshire, Maine and Vermont have some of the greatest scenery and most fantastic people in N. America. However when you travel a couple hours to the South and West the number of Aholes per capita increases significantly.

I give thanks that Massachusetts in the 1770s was not populated by a bunch of cowardly, gun hating chicken s***s. How sad that so many that now inhabit that state have degenerated into a bunch of spineless candy a**es.

Old 05-10-2020, 10:35 AM

12,194 posts, read 8,088,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
masssachoicetts so sorry, but it appears you have tested positive for a virus and as such you have been put in quarantine to slow the spread to others
What? What does a redneck Biker with a bushy beard from the boondocks know about reality? lol.

When was the last time you closed a deal on a 1.1mll sqft office lease on a Fortune 1000 company?

...thats right your too busy complaining....

Old 05-10-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
This is what it comes down to. If you are prone to conspiracy theories or see everything through the lens of Republican vs Democrat, then you are going to seek out information that you want to hear and everything else that contradicts that view is fake news, and everyone that thinks otherwise are "sheep" or "sheeple". It's so predictable. You wanna talk about living in fear and paranoia? Just listen to yourselves and conspiracies about Plandemic, Fauci, Bill Gates, police state, overthrow of the Constitution, vaccinations, Soros, WHO, global deep state world domination, and Dr. Evil. This stuff is just as bad. If I wanted to be immersed in this crap, I'd follow Brietbart or Alex Jones. I'm ashamed of this state in that there are so many people that believe this is a hoax or conspiracy. It's embarrassing.
Attachment 220365

Arresting people for exercising their freedom isn't a hoax
forced quarantine isn't a hoax
Removal of children isn't a hoax
mandatory mask laws isn't a hoax

Being blind to what is going on around however is
well.. stupid

Old 05-10-2020, 11:52 AM

6,590 posts, read 6,761,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
What? What does a redneck Biker with a bushy beard from the boondocks know about reality? lol.

When was the last time you closed a deal on a 1.1mll sqft office lease on a Fortune 1000 company?

...thats right your too busy complaining....
How about taking your insecure ramblings & insults back to the Massachusetts forum? You contribute nothing of value here.

And you made a real estate deal...big man. Thanks for that earth-shattering news. Important stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire