Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 02:48 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,058,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega145 View Post
Still haven't answered my question, do you wear a face covering at home? Why not wear it at home to protect you and your family?
Maybe time to open a thread in the Great Debates or the Politics section of forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 02:52 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,555,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega145 View Post
I'm not jumping and screaming about personal rights. Don't get it twisted, I'm not one of those idiots protesting and i'm actually a pretty liberal person. I ask again, do you wear a mask at home to protect yourself and others?
My questions.. is it idiotic to be concerned about personal rights?
Is it idiotic to question authority ( something liberals are historically known for )?
Is it idiotic to suspect that our government might be lying to us ( history has shown quite clearly that
they have)?
Is it idiotic to use ones brains and come to the conclusion that things just are not adding up?

As to the ashamed part, I can love my state and still be ashamed of it's actions, which I currently am .

oh and one more thing, given this,tell me who are the real idiots? And yes this is happening across the country.. I would think being a liberal, this would concern you.

Last edited by CrazyDave; 05-20-2020 at 03:52 PM..

Old 05-20-2020, 03:59 PM

12,690 posts, read 9,867,472 times
I can understand why people don't like the mitigation measures - I don't imagine anyone does. And especially in a state like NH, that so far (knock on wood) has had a relatively small problem in terms of caseload and mortality, I can understand frustrations. Where I really get left behind is when people start claiming that mitigation actually constitutes some kind of evil secret plot to do something bad to the people. I have yet to hear anything even approaching a plausible goal and motives for this evil plot (let alone evidence), and just asserting conspiracies without any solid grounding, is something that one can do all day, every day if one is so inclined.

Old 05-20-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I can understand why people don't like the mitigation measures - I don't imagine anyone does. And especially in a state like NH, that so far (knock on wood) has had a relatively small problem in terms of caseload and mortality, I can understand frustrations. Where I really get left behind is when people start claiming that mitigation actually constitutes some kind of evil secret plot to do something bad to the people. I have yet to hear anything even approaching a plausible goal and motives for this evil plot (let alone evidence), and just asserting conspiracies without any solid grounding, is something that one can do all day, every day if one is so inclined.

Once you have told people they can not have legal and constitutional freedom of travel you have already reached the point of evil. The state parks, the beach etc are NOT the governments land but rather the peoples. The ONLY thing that could possibly be even remotely within their scope of power is the parking ban but if one is paying the fees to feed the meter even that is highly doubtful

Old 05-20-2020, 05:54 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,058,099 times
The State of New Hampshire has a constitution.
The State of New Hampshire has laws.

We, the people, elect the legislators and the governor. They represent the "people".

"Art.] 41. [Governor, Supreme Executive Magistrate.] There shall be a supreme executive magistrate, who shall be styled the Governor of the State of New Hampshire, and whose title shall be His Excellency. The executive power of the state is vested in the governor. The governor shall be responsible for the faithful execution of the laws"

LINK

" 4:45 State of Emergency Declaration; Powers. –
I. The governor shall have the power to declare a state of emergency, as defined in RSA 21-P:35, VIII, by executive order if the governor finds that a natural, technological, or man-made disaster of major proportions is imminent or has occurred within this state, and that the safety and welfare of the inhabitants of this state require an invocation of the provisions of this section."

LINK

The governor has declared a State of Emergency. Like it or not.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
The State of New Hampshire has a constitution.
The State of New Hampshire has laws.

We, the people, elect the legislators and the governor. They represent the "people".

"Art.] 41. [Governor, Supreme Executive Magistrate.] There shall be a supreme executive magistrate, who shall be styled the Governor of the State of New Hampshire, and whose title shall be His Excellency. The executive power of the state is vested in the governor. The governor shall be responsible for the faithful execution of the laws"

LINK

" 4:45 State of Emergency Declaration; Powers. –
I. The governor shall have the power to declare a state of emergency, as defined in RSA 21-P:35, VIII, by executive order if the governor finds that a natural, technological, or man-made disaster of major proportions is imminent or has occurred within this state, and that the safety and welfare of the inhabitants of this state require an invocation of the provisions of this section."

LINK

The governor has declared a State of Emergency. Like it or not.
Edicts are NOT laws . laws , no law shall supersede the constitution of these UNITED states.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:54 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,956,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Where I really get left behind is when people start claiming that mitigation actually constitutes some kind of evil secret plot to do something bad to the people. I have yet to hear anything even approaching a plausible goal and motives for this evil plot (let alone evidence), and just asserting conspiracies without any solid grounding, is something that one can do all day, every day if one is so inclined.
With all due respect, you are either not looking or you are in deep denial.

Bill Gates is on the record saying that he wants to reduce the world's population to 500,000 people and that vaccines will help him do it. In Italy they've called for his arrest. His wife recently appeared on a public news station wearing an upside down cross.

Event 201, a pandemic simulation, was held just months before the outbreak.

The Prime Minister of Israel has said he wants to put chips inside of every kid. He said it on the record.

Trump just said that he will use the military to administer vaccines.

What I've said is just the tip of iceberg. Time to wake up, right now, before it is too late.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:49 PM

157 posts, read 94,353 times
Quote:
Still haven't answered my question, do you wear a face covering at home? Why not wear it at home to protect you and your family?

I'll answer. My home environment is well contained, and those of here follow the same protocols when we leave and enter. So our house, to the best of our ability, is a safe zone for us. Not so when we're outside our home. I don't know how cautious others are, and they don't know how cautious I am. So, I'm more fastidious when I'm out and about 1. courtesy to others and 2. I'm out of my safe zone.

I will say, when anyone here gets sick, we quarantine ourselves away from other household members until we're sure it's nothing. Two of us have done that for a few days each, and I did it once for 14 days after exposure. And we haven't run central heat or ac upstairs since mid March to avoid mixing air in case one of us is sick without knowing it. We also all wash our hands immediately when we go downstairs, and we have designated seating areas to maintain at least a little distance. So, we take actions at home that we don't out in public, and we take actions in public that we don't at home. It's situation relative.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 PM

208 posts, read 115,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Science my good neighbor. Science and the medical community states to wear a mask to prevent YOU from giving the virus to others. And the better masks do prevent you from giving or receiving the virus.

You can jump up and down and scream about personal rights. Wonderful.

Just don't YOU give others the virus. Please.
You sound like you are very afraid.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike320 View Post
You sound like you are very afraid.
Yeah, I don't think you would see him doing this.
Makris wais open, hopped in the bike with the wife
ate dinner amongst nasty biker types. Saw
some folks with masks ( apart from the poor staff that were forced to wear them }
They didn't look down in us, we didn't look down on them

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire