Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 02:45 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,405,361 times

Advertisements

RIP Dave. A voice of reason on this forum.

I swear I saw a free bird fly
ridin' the winds of that New Hampshire sky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 04:07 PM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
He was a passionate guy arguing here for his beliefs. While I didn't always agree with him, he wouldn't immediately give way to ad hominem attack as some do, he was willing to debate the idea or the policy so long as you stayed on the right side of that line - I respected that. RIP, Dave.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:34 AM

174 posts, read 231,729 times
RIP he was one of a kind loved NH and life

Old 06-17-2020, 02:09 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Wow, I had no idea about Dave's passing. I'm really shocked and saddened.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:45 AM

143 posts, read 133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Just wondering if Crazy Dave was wearing his seat belt? He impressed me as a guy who flouted rules and regulations. But RIP anyway.
You're obviously not familiar with NH... not wearing one's seatbelt doesn't flout anything.

Alternate version of the state motto - Live Free (without a seatbelt) and Die (going through the windshield). :P

R.I.P. Dave, didn't interact with you much but I think I'd have agreed with you most of the time.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:45 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
He was a passionate guy arguing here for his beliefs. While I didn't always agree with him, he wouldn't immediately give way to ad hominem attack as some do, he was willing to debate the idea or the policy so long as you stayed on the right side of that line - I respected that. RIP, Dave.
Really? He always called those who disagreed with him "sheeple".

RIP Dave. I pretty much disagreed with him on most topics, but we did share a love for living in NH.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:53 AM

121 posts, read 109,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Really? He always called those who disagreed with him "sheeple".

RIP Dave. I pretty much disagreed with him on most topics
Pretty much.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:33 PM

830 posts, read 1,537,366 times
I am late to this truly terrible news. My condolences to Dave’s wife, and I hope that she knows about this forum so she can read what people have to say about him.

I found this news genuinely jolting and upsetting in a way I rarely do when “strangers” die. I think it’s because although we rarely engaged one another directly on this forum, he seemed more like a good acquaintance than a stranger. I’ve been on here for about 9.5 years, and he was on here that entire time and apparently a couple more years than that. He knew who he was and openly shared his opinions even though they were often unpopular. (I actually often agreed with at least parts of what he wrote, but I just don’t have the energy to engage in political discussions online.) He seemed to live life to the fullest and shared so many photos of his adventures. The fact that he fairly frequently posted photos of himself made that face and crazy hair and beard in his obituary photo instantly recognizable, and that made this news seem so much more real.

I admit that I shed a tear even though I never met Dave. He was one of the posters on here who always stood out to me, and it is almost inconceivable that such a lively and active poster is gone. So sad.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:34 PM

325 posts, read 163,448 times
WOW!!!
THIS is just crazy and shocking. always loved his posts and his pictures. RIP dave. my heart goes out to his family

Old 07-05-2020, 08:03 AM

609 posts, read 349,214 times
My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire