Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 05:46 AM

110 posts, read 111,189 times

Advertisements

Dh and I moved to Peterborough one year ago. The idea was to rent a place while we got to know Southern NH. We're thinking of moving to a house on Lake Massabesic but I'd love to know what the actual town is like. Many thanks!

Last edited by grlwthprl; 03-10-2021 at 06:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 03:33 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,968,846 times
Considering that it shares a border with Manchester, and is home to the area's largest lake which serves as the municipal water supply for nearly 100k Manchester residents, Auburn is still surprisingly rural. Though several new developments (with more on the way) are lending a more suburban atmosphere, but overall, it's a rural town that is dotted with horse farms, open space and more trails to explore than any other town in southern NH. Look up the FOMBA website to see the incredible network of well-maintained trails to explore on foot or on bikes. We love it! The towns inclusion as a Pinkerton Academy district has driven most of the development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwthprl View Post
Dh and I moved to Peterborough one year ago. The idea was to rent a place while we got to know Southern NH. We're thinking of moving to a house on Lake Massabesic but I'd love to know what the actual town is like. Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire