Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times

Advertisements

Report from Londonderry--it's been pouring buckets on and off since 9 PM, and just a few minutes ago the wind started picking up, the tall pines are really moving out there!

With much of the southern & central part of the state is under flood/flash flood warning, I hope everybody is safe and staying dry. Please check in when you can!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 12:31 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Valerie, please be safe!! And everyone else who will be effected by Hanna. Looks like this year will be a more active one. We will all be waiting for Oct 1st when the season ends. Once again, everyone take care. We dont want anything bad to happen to our NH Family.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 AM

264 posts, read 616,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Report from Londonderry--it's been pouring buckets on and off since 9 PM, and just a few minutes ago the wind started picking up, the tall pines are really moving out there!

With much of the southern & central part of the state is under flood/flash flood warning, I hope everybody is safe and staying dry. Please check in when you can!!

Hi Val,

This may sound wierd but I'm Jealous!! Is there any way you can push for a "water pipeline" to SoCal? You have had a very wet summer followed by Hannah and we are getting water rationing and sprinkler cops coming around threatening fines if we water our lawns.

October fires and Santa Ana winds will be roaring through the area again in just a few weeks. Sure would be nice to see rain again.

Stay Dry!
Captjob

Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 AM

586 posts, read 1,506,420 times
Did you see the pictures of the Manchester floods on the news? Wow. We had flash flood warnings here but it seems ok so far...

Jackie

Old 09-07-2008, 12:46 PM

909 posts, read 3,363,878 times
Good afternoon everyone! Hope you all survived the rain last night. Our pool was brimming this morning!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 PM

951 posts, read 1,655,407 times
The storm passed by early this morning on the Cape. By 8 am it was bright and sunny. It's really warm right now and the day is perfect!!

There was lots of debris around the area, but we all got through it ok. Hanna lost most of her teeth!! Thank goodness!!

Hope everyone faired OK and stayed dry!!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
I wish I had a chance to get in here earlier today. It was a REALLY nice day today, warm and breezy The pool is just about overflowing LOL!! Manchester got hit really hard, and I'm going to be in Manchester early tomorrow... hope things are better today than they were last night!

We had a VERY snowy winter, followed by a VERY wet summer! Funny thing is that until yesterday, there hasn't been rain for 3+ weeks, and everybody was complaining about how dry it was--sure doesn't take long for people to forget!

And you know, we all hear about the wildfires that you deal with out there, but now that we "know" somebody who is on the front lines, I know I'm not the only New Englander here that says "Be safe, Captain!" I don't know how you deal with that craziness!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
And you know, we all hear about the wildfires that you deal with out there, but now that we "know" somebody who is on the front lines, I know I'm not the only New Englander here that says "Be safe, Captain!" I don't know how you deal with that craziness!

I'll second that! And come out east soon - the sooner the safer?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Capt I totally know what you mean. I actuallly had those thoughts of "jealousy" too. When is the last time it rained here. I know the winds are going to kick up here soon. I hope for your sake and for everyone else who lives in the fire zones, that this year wont be a big fire season. We have had enough fires to last many years. You have a great week.

I am so glad that everyone made it through Hannah. You guys out in NH sure have had a busy weather year!! But I am looking forward to seeing some rain or atleast clouds when we come out there. All I see is sky, and smog, no clouds hardly ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
Hi Val,

This may sound wierd but I'm Jealous!! Is there any way you can push for a "water pipeline" to SoCal? You have had a very wet summer followed by Hannah and we are getting water rationing and sprinkler cops coming around threatening fines if we water our lawns.

October fires and Santa Ana winds will be roaring through the area again in just a few weeks. Sure would be nice to see rain again.

Stay Dry!
Captjob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire