Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 03:34 PM

161 posts, read 339,572 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, I know I can buy a shredder but I want to get rid of all the paper that seems to follow me ..I have to I get rid of a lot and more comes..its a conspiracy I tell you.. I did some searching on the internet for NH..I did find one company family owner business but it wants you to drop off an put in a locked container they pick it up and they shred it Ok but why does this sound like a David Blaine Stunt You see I want to hand my bags of paper over and I want to see it shredded before my very eyes...I need the thrill folks No you know where I'm going with this...I would prefer to see all that stuff that thos ID Theft criminals would love to get their hands on shred before my very eyes. I can go to MA if there is someplace there. Folks don't ask me to buy a shredder...ok I have one..but it takes too long...I need help now thanks for reading PS should this be a business someone should go into ..mm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 04:04 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,516 times
Do you have a transfer station in your town? Some of them will shred documents/papers, etc. You may have to make and appointment.....

Old 09-26-2008, 04:56 PM

311 posts, read 994,638 times
I googled and found several businesses that offer mobile shredding services. Can't say I can personally recommend any. I have a personal shredder at home and work, and I've certainly shredded a huge amount of documents in my life. So, it may be worthwhile investing in one.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:52 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,245,210 times
I dont know where you live but the ole 55 gal drum burn barrell works great at my house.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:23 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,934 times
mine too Ken! burn what you don't dare throw into the transfer station

Old 09-27-2008, 10:33 AM

105 posts, read 357,792 times
http://http://www.nerecordretention.com/home.php

Quote:
NERR will customize your needs whether we shred on-site or off-site.

On-Site Mobile Shredding
Our mobile truck comes to your location and the outdated confidential records are shredded in this vehicle. A TV screen monitor on the side of this truck allows you the customer to see your records being shred right then and there
located in Hooksett NH

I found this company doing a web search & turned up a notice of contract extension from the State of NH, so they've been a contractor for the state.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:16 PM

Sorry it took me so long to reply...because I was facing the ugly monster that's right the millions & millions of papers that I've put in boxes over the years..of course rationalizing to myself ..Oh Good its hidden and I'll get to it later I like the burn idea but right now we're not living in a place that has that...so maybe I should put an ad out there on craigs list...Can I rent your barrell for one hour..to burn baby burn I would love to go to a shredding place...yea I heard where you can drop them off in a locked bin...& it gets picked up..Ah I'm not comortable with that..I want to give it and see it shredded before my very eyes, its safe and I will get such a thrill And I do have a shredder...but readers I'm on a mission I need to get rid of the tons now...so I can start a manageble life that's normal you know where I can watch the depressing news and just shred ..I think when I get to that point it will be very theraputic

Old 09-27-2008, 03:18 PM

105 posts, read 357,792 times
That company will come to you....you watch it through a monitor on the side of the truck. I can't imagine their liability insurance would let you anywhere near the shredders, but at least you'd get to see it go to shreds in front of you.

I'm right there with you about years & years of paper. We have documents from our businesses going back 30 yrs. Ack......hard to get DH to let me get rid of papers that have to do with stuff we don't even own anymore!

Old 09-27-2008, 03:33 PM

Ok thank you I'm just renting now..I'm off Centre St...Yea one of the most noise In The World...I'm sorry I complain but man those 12 Wheelers are going Lighting fast here ...Up and Down...rocks my Apt....ok help me here would they come to my apt...gosh would that cost a gazillion dollars..thanks in advance for your help

Old 09-27-2008, 06:46 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,245,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelticnomad View Post
Ok thank you I'm just renting now..I'm off Centre St...Yea one of the most noise In The World...I'm sorry I complain but man those 12 Wheelers are going Lighting fast here ...Up and Down...rocks my Apt....ok help me here would they come to my apt...gosh would that cost a gazillion dollars..thanks in advance for your help
When i get back to N.H. your more than welcome to borrow my barrell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire