Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,453,251 times

Advertisements

Continuation of previous thread w/same title which appears to have been accidentally closed:

Does anyone know of a similar type interview as the one Proud American posted (in which the questions posed are intentionally incorrect and people interviewed are unaware of whose views are whose and who is whose running mate?) conducted within NH? Just curious.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM

885 posts, read 2,661,835 times
Default Why is New Hampshire the least liberal BLUE state in the region?

Surely you mean: Why is New Hampshire the least liberal BLUE state in the region?

Given 2004 and the current polls for POTUS and Senate, red doesn't seem at all likely:
President: Real Clear Politics Poll Map (non-partisan site)
Senate: Shaheen Ahead

Old 10-13-2008, 02:39 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
To answer the question that you asked, Lisa, I am not aware of any. I mean Hannity has his "Man on the Street" series that he does but that is mostly asking people questions about history, asking them to name politicians when shown pictures like John Stossel did. I wil do some googling and also ask my husband when he gets home-he may know.

Nicolem

Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcewan View Post
Surely you mean: Why is New Hampshire the least liberal BLUE state in the region?

Given 2004 and the current polls for POTUS and Senate, red doesn't seem at all likely:
President: Real Clear Politics Poll Map (non-partisan site)
Senate: Shaheen Ahead
Well as long as we can keep the liberal voter fraud to a minimum this time it will be Red again.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 PM

885 posts, read 2,661,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
Well as long as we can keep the liberal voter fraud to a minimum this time it will be Red again.
And I'm sure the reds who illegally jammed the NH democrats phone systemin 2002 will also keep their auto-dialers turned off...

Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,462 times
Default McCain/Palin 2008 for a safe Change

We are a open minded family out here stuck in Nevada! But someday we hope to make the move to NH. Once we do you will have a strong open minded Conservative family moving in. I hope for America and your wonderful state of NH that McCain brings victory! It will be sad to see your state of NH to lose that true American feeling.

With your awesome NH gun laws i'm super glad the NRA is fully backing McCain/Palin.

Get your friends & family out there to vote for a better tomorrow.

Check this out please!

http://blip.tv/play/Ac6yA4L1Gw

Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Here in New Hampshire we are most fortunate to have very little voter fraud because voter registration is done on a town level. To register to vote in New Hampshire you must provide documentary proof or sign a legally binding affidavit to prove that you are:

Of legal age
A US citizen
Reside in the town you claim

The system is designed to allow, and encourage, everyone that meets these criteria can register and vote only once per election. It also is designed to prevent anyone that does not meet these criterions from voting in NH.

The system is run by a wonderfully impartial Secretary of State that is respected by all parties and administered by local Registrars of the Checklist. In Londonderry these are three dedicated little old ladies that value honesty over politics. We are most fortunate to have these people.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
True-but God forbid we disenfranchise college students who have no right to vote here to begin with. It must be nice to be able to vote in two states and have liberal lawyers(like the one my husband works with) fighting for their "right" to vote. If you have a NY driver's license and mommy and daddy claim you as a dependent then you need to vote in NY not NH. Unfortunately these kids-aided by the liberal establishment-believe they have a right to vote here. So what is to stop them from voting absentee in NY and voting at the NH pollls on election day? Absolutely nothing. They get to have their cake and eat it too. If this kids were true NH citizens-the only ones who should be voting-they would change their address and be full citizens of NH. However, then they could lose financial aid from the actual state they are a resident of, mommy and daddy could not claim them, they could lose health insurance etc. No one has a problem with these kids affecting real NH resident's votes? Talk about disenfranchising my vote.

My husband attended college in NH when he was a resident of NJ. Guess how he voted back then? Absentee ballot to NJ-his legal state of residence. He never once thought he had a "right" to vote in NH. Now if he had moved to NH, with a NH dirver's license and all, then he would have voted in NH. However, like most college kids, he was a resident of his home state, where mom and dad claimed him, etc.

In 2007, I spent more than half the year in Florida taking care of my sick parents. Should I have had a right to vote there?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcewan View Post
And I'm sure the reds who illegally jammed the NH democrats phone systemin 2002 will also keep their auto-dialers turned off...
And that is comparable to real voter fraud, how? Anyone who really wanted to vote-doesn't need a phone call to remind them to vote or an offer of a ride to the polls. If someone wants to vote-they will do it and they will get to the polls. They will know when election day is and how and where to register and vote. Only someone living under a rock would not know these things or not know how to find out. It is up to each of us to have the motivation to vote and to get there and vote. If someone missed out on voting because they did not receive a phone call-that is their own fault. How educated are those people to begin with?

Real voter fraud is people who are not eligible to vote actually voting or someone voting in someone else's place. Afterall, NH foolishly does not require ID to vote. And when you have moveon.org legally allowed to sit at the table and see who has checked in and voted and who hasn't-well the fact that no ID is needed, only adds to that fraud potential.

Nicolem

Old 10-14-2008, 06:55 AM

758 posts, read 2,890,034 times
Quote:
I hope for America and your wonderful state of NH that McCain brings victory!
Sorry but I think this is just about as scary as Obama winning.The thought of McCain, or even worse, Palin , as president scares the bejeesus out of me. The thought of the size of the government after Obama wins does as well. Either way we are going to get screwed in this election. IMO if you have common sense stances (i.e. getting back to the intent of the founders) on foreign policy, the economy, the role of government, personal liberties, and the environment then you can't really be excited about either candidate. I like them both on some things but am terrified by them on others. What's worse is I can't even bring myself to vote for Bob Barr because his record is about as far from his recent "I've seen the light" libertarian stances that he now claims to stand for.

Write in Ron Paul??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire