Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 PM

909 posts, read 3,364,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
So where did you stay in the meantime? We are having trouble to find a house to rent that is in an acceptable condition...
We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Manchester. That's where Dh's company puts up anyone who needs temp housing. Sometimes they have employees come from Japan for a month or so, and they stay there as well. It was literally across the street, so Dh was walking to work for 1.5 months. Nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
csw

31 posts, read 85,343 times
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Manchester. That's where Dh's company puts up anyone who needs temp housing. Sometimes they have employees come from Japan for a month or so, and they stay there as well. It was literally across the street, so Dh was walking to work for 1.5 months. Nice

Old 01-13-2009, 07:43 PM

28 posts, read 76,097 times
Is your husband still having a hard time finding a place that is acceptable to you??

Old 01-14-2009, 08:54 AM

6 posts, read 12,892 times
I am a new addition to this forum and also am looking to relocate to southern nh. We were just in Londonderry this past weekend for a quick overnight stay (accompanied by a snowstorm) we drove through Manchester, Londonderry, Derry and then took the long way over to the seacoast through some rural areas. My husband is interviewing for a job in Londonderry/Derry and we are looking for a family-friendly community with good school systems for our 61/2 year old and 3 year old. I would appreciate any feedback on surrounding towns. I grew up in western MA and am a frequent visitor to nh. I am not completely familiar with all the towns though. We would like to be no more than a 20 minute drive to Derry due to the job. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,038,071 times
Julia, you're in luck! We have a few people who live in that area, GregW & ValerieC both come to mind, and a few in the general area. Valerie is a fabulous real estate agent, who is extremely helpful (even when you're not a client) and has great suggestions. The school system there is very good and the marching band is going to be in the inaugural parade!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM

28 posts, read 76,097 times
Hi Julia:
Welcome to NH. Where are you coming from? If you go on line and check the school reports you will find there are several towns with great schools. I live in Bedford, NH and am very happy myself with the town and the schools. Bedford has tons of activities for kids, town pool, town tennis courts, town playground, newcomers club and so much more. A good site to look at is schoolmatters.com for school information, most towns have their own website also. Good luck.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
If you want rural within 20 min of Derry try Londonderry, Auburn, Chester or East Derry.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:50 AM

We are coming from West Springfield MA. I have been reading a lot of the forums about Bedford and it sounds similar to the town we live in now which would be great. I have read that there is no "real" town center, is that true? How about Parks and Rec activities and group sports? my daughter is a soccer, softball girl. This is a huge deal for us to even consider moving as all our family is here so I want to make sure it's the right decision especially for my kids. I work in healthcare so I can find a job at any hospital or doctor's office-I just want my kids to have any easy adjustment and good reception.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:59 AM

I have a question for ValerieC. I understand you are the woman to ask about housing in nh? We are going to be back in the area for a second job interview in a couple of weeks. We would like to look at some rental condos if possible. Can you tell me a good way to find rental listings for Derry, Bedford, Londonderry areas? We would need a 3 bedroom and would like some amenities like a pool if possible. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,038,071 times
Hi Julia,

Val has been running crazy and dealing with a sick kid (hence her absence lately), she'll be on as soon as she can.

but in the meantime, you can peruse all the listings by going to Northern New England Real Estate Network - Official Website of the Northern New England MLS it will give you all the MLS info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire