Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:04 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times

Advertisements

i love nh to. I just moved south cause i don't like the snow and cold. Must be something to do with back surgeries and getting old.....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 AM
SFT

79 posts, read 207,378 times
I was going to write a response to Jayne's post, but I decided it wasn't even worth it.

So, instead I will add a few more things I like about New Hampshire:

Bonfires in the later summer and fall are great when it's actually starting to become cold enough to warrant them. The beach is also great for about three months ha.

I have to say I agree with nicolem about fall being pretty great, the air just changes and it's really nice out.

And most of all there aren't people like Jayne around.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 AM
SFT

Oh and for the record I am a college student not going into real estate at all.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT View Post
Oh and for the record I am a college student not going into real estate at all.
And you are going to farm, correct? One of the other things I love about NH. Although we have our own garden, we love to visit NH farm stands, that have locally grown fruit and veggies-there is nothing like it!

I also love to go strawberry picking! Yummy!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 AM
SFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
And you are going to farm, correct? One of the other things I love about NH. Although we have our own garden, we love to visit NH farm stands, that have locally grown fruit and veggies-there is nothing like it!

I also love to go strawberry picking! Yummy!
With any luck I will definitely be having somewhat of a low scale farm in a few years. Mostly depends on how long it takes me to get my business started up out of school and if I convince any family members to go in on the land with me.

I love visiting farm stands as well and I'm starting a little garden on a small area of 3/4 of an acre for now. Going to try to grow some potatoes, tomatoes, and maybe a few others.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
I love NH because it is beautiful and primarily because there is much to do and appreciate outdoors.

The quality of life here is better than I have experienced in the 3 other states I have lived. I love that you can byo to some restaurants and they will pull out wine glasses for you. I have seen on more than one occasion people befriend each other simply chatting from adjacent tables until they decide to sit at the same table. We enjoy more real experiences like that because we are not overregulated. Insert your freedom of choice, and the resulting life-enhancement you feel as a result of practicing it.

I love the fact that NH has maintained local control and offers a town for everyone's tastes and budgets and that most still have independent merchants and many farms offering farm fresh produce w/the opportunity to pick your own.

I love the fact that I did not have to wait in a littered room full of gang-tattooed hispanic-speakers with an unbelievable number of screaming babies in tow for 4 hours to register my car here, and that it cost a fraction of what I used to pay in the state I returned from in which this scenario was the norm. Also love that NH has no sales tax. By comparison my previous state just increased theirs by 1% on April 1st because they are in financial dire straits. I love that NH is not imposing restrictions on water use in expectation of a serious drought. In the springtime the forests and preserved open spaces turn bright green and lush. Wonders of nature abound here for those with a true appreciation of it.

To be realistic, if an overwhelmingly commercial and more strictly regulated life is your preference, this is probably not the place for you. I have many thoughts on people with a minority opinion/preference assuming the majority should share it - but out of respect for the OP I will leave it at that.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 AM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
I love NH because it is beautiful and primarily because there is much to do and appreciate outdoors.

The quality of life here is better than I have experienced in the 3 other states I have lived. I love that you can byo to some restaurants and they will pull out wine glasses for you. I have seen on more than one occasion people befriend each other simply chatting from adjacent tables until they decide to sit at the same table. We enjoy more real experiences like that because we are not overregulated. Insert your freedom of choice, and the resulting life-enhancement you feel as a result of practicing it.

I love the fact that NH has maintained local control and offers a town for everyone's tastes and budgets and that most still have independent merchants and many farms offering farm fresh produce w/the opportunity to pick your own.

I love the fact that I did not have to wait in a littered room full of gang-tattooed hispanic-speakers with an unbelievable number of screaming babies in tow for 4 hours to register my car here, and that it cost a fraction of what I used to pay in the state I returned from in which this scenario was the norm. Also love that NH has no sales tax. By comparison my previous state just increased theirs by 1% on April 1st because they are in financial dire straits. I love that NH is not imposing restrictions on water use in expectation of a serious drought. In the springtime the forests and preserved open spaces turn bright green and lush. Wonders of nature abound here for those with a true appreciation of it.

To be realistic, if an overwhelmingly commercial and more strictly regulated life is your preference, this is probably not the place for you. I have many thoughts on people with a minority opinion/preference assuming the majority should share it - but out of respect for the OP I will leave it at that.
tell me about it lisa!! it must be nice to register your car without sitting with those that you described. that was a great post. apparently i cannot give rep points to anyone on the new hampshire forum without spreading it around first.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:57 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
I love the fact that I did not have to wait in a littered room full of gang-tattooed hispanic-speakers with an unbelievable number of screaming babies in tow for 4 hours to register my car here, and that it cost a fraction of what I used to pay in the state I returned from in which this scenario was the norm.
Were those people (gang-tattooed hispanic-speakers) the "customers" at the registry of motor vehicles or the employees?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:40 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
The customers, and the DMV is merely one small example.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:38 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,984,591 times
I love the fresh air which is hard to come by in Texas. It's always hazy/smoggy/smoky/dusty unless after rain of course which is pretty scarce in my part of the state. The forests and cleanliness also make me love the state.

The architecture is gorgeous all throughout the state, from the cozy dense towns to the rural homes surrounded by nature.

Also, you are in good proximity to Boston and a short flight to New York down to Washington D.C. All of the great U.S. cities at your fingertips while enjoying the freshness of NH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire