Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:33 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,172,239 times

Advertisements

the exemption for the elderly, the disabled, etc., is statewide...

The Senior Citizens Law Project

(RSA 72:39-a; 72:39-b)
All towns and cities must have a tax exemption for elderly taxpayers. However, the amount of an elderly tax exemption and the eligibility rules can vary, so you should contact your town/city to find out what it allows.

some towns only offer deferments where the town will place a lien on your property and charge 5% interest until your death or the property is sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM

148 posts, read 390,755 times
Okay. Thanks Buck Naked for the information.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:46 AM

4,549 posts, read 6,849,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
The customers, and the DMV is merely one small example.
I can relate. I can feel the stress melting away as I pass into NH. Here in CT your DMV experiences are becoming more prevalent in many areas throughout CT.

When will our elected officials come to the realization that you can not put out the welcome mat and look to support growing numbers of people who are living in poverty, are often unmarried, unemployed, and have large numbers of children?

Drugs, violence, destruction of property, and diminished quality of schools are just a few of the costs of ignoring the problems.

NH should fight to maintain their independence and self-sufficient way of life. MA transplants with MA social service expectations have brought many of the problems they sought refuge from with them to NH, especially south of Concord. NH residents need to step forward and regain control of their own government so they can preserve their quality of life.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,083,856 times
Can we *please* try to stay on the "I love NH" concept... In these so-so times; I'm looking for a feel-good read of a thread where discouraged folks can read and feel better... Don't take this as a disagreement with anyones opinion; I'm just not looking to get into politics beyond happy ones...

Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 AM

680 posts, read 2,449,603 times
I really like seeing spring appear: bulbs bursting into bloom, farm stands opening, people out working in their yards and heading to the playground, etc. You appreciate it more after a long winter. But I'm still excited for fall!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,083,856 times
I like Moose, and we have Moose in NH.

That alone is one reason to live here (in my opinion)

Old 04-15-2009, 04:42 PM

I like NH, a lot.-dsc01546.jpg

Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 PM

Sorry I know this picture above probably belongs in the 'picture thread' but I am thrilled that I finally figured out how to post a picture!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM

259 posts, read 991,199 times
Smile ** skills occasuonally found in N.H.

Oce and awhile you can find an artisan keeping old [lost] skills alive by displaying them at a festival or fair. Things like
  • A farrier
[ somebody that shoes horses, in case you didn't know]
  • Old fashioned woodcut printing
slate roofer. [ many old buildings have them but most anybody old enough to know how to do it has too much sense to be crawling on roofs at their age. ]
  • Indian basketmaking
is facinating to watch. [ a log is pounded until the rings of growth are freed from their neighboring rings rendering thin strips, the thickness of a years growth, and then sized for consistant width and woven around a wooden form.
  • Weaving + spinning
sheeps wool or llama wool ( the Henniker fair has had great exhibions on this)
[list][*]Blacksmithing

Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,076,337 times
I agree with NH2008- I never realized quite how much I really do enjoy spring! I love watching the flowers and buds coming out. Almost makes it a game to see which trees are flowering, and which ones come out next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire