Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:12 PM

6,568 posts, read 6,732,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Ha ha I work in Littleton NH we had armed robbery Monday Attempted break in at our pharmacy on Sunday...it is going to get you even in the safe wild north
I was speaking more about person to person violent physical crime. Random physical attacks, stranger on stranger assults, not property crimes, or theft which has always been with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 02:48 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I was speaking more about person to person violent physical crime. Random physical attacks, stranger on stranger assults, not property crimes, or theft which has always been with us.
Sorry I was unaware that armed robbery didn't fit that criteria I am such a goof

Old 05-16-2009, 02:52 PM

6,568 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Sorry I was unaware that armed robbery didn't fit that criteria I am such a goof
I was speaking about physical attacks on someone's person. Simple as that.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I was speaking about physical attacks on someone's person. Simple as that.

Ok Ok I guess when somebody points a gun at you it is different then actually shooting you....I get it

Old 05-16-2009, 06:06 PM

I grew up in Londonderry which is right next to Derry and my sister, mother and brother still liver in Londonderry so I can honestly say that I believe that Derry would be a fine place to build a nest. Check out www. realtor.com I also find www.walkscore.com to be very helpful as well

Old 05-16-2009, 06:34 PM

522 posts, read 715,232 times
Derry is better than Manchester to live in. Just keep a good eye on your children. The Fairways is a so so Apartment Complex. I don't know if you have any other housing options in the area? NH is a great place to raise kids. Good luck with your move!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
Quote:
I think there is no reason to be nervous about living in Derry It seems to me that every single night on the local news though somebody is shooting up somebody at the local Rochester Wal-Mart so maybe beware of that town
now there's a hyperbole....

Old 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,398 times
yes I agree with Valerie. Derry is a wonderful community where safety is not really an issue. The crime we see in Derry is minimal and usually an isolated incident, not to be representive of the town as a whole.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,910 times
I'm a transplant from Lynn, MA. If Brave Stranger thinks Derry is such a scary place to live, he/she should try my home town. My family has lived in Derry for the past 16 years and we love it.

When we first moved here, I advised my children to stay focused. Just because we live in the country now, doesn't mean bad things don't happen. This advise has served them well wherever they go.

I love New Hampshire and don't plan on leaving. Some of my relatives originally came from the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. I can't imagine why they ever left.

So; if you come to live in Derry, I think you'll love it for its schools, shopping, and quaintness. Oh yes, the people here are very friendly.

The only bad thing I can think of is Derry's property taxes are extremely high but with no Sales Tax or Income Tax money to run the town has to come from somewhere.

Good luck on your search for a new place to live.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:36 PM

586 posts, read 1,505,923 times
Everything is relative. Coming from almost anywhere on the US coasts, Derry (and many/most towns in NH) have *minimal* issues -- to the point where they are barely noticeable to transplanted people -- compared to other states and their cities/towns.

YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire