Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times

Advertisements

I don't happen to care for the tast of Lobster but Bob's has fish so fresh it is still swimming. My choice is fish & chips with slaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 06:37 AM

452 posts, read 1,734,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
The only CORRECT lobstah roll:

Filling: Lobster meat and Cain's mayo, and just enough to hold the lobster together. Put ANYTHING else in, and risk being beaten with hammers.

Bun: Roll or hot dog bun, buttered on sides and grilled.

Repeat as necessary. That is all.
After following this thread for some time, I see that the only true lobster roll recipe is finally reveled.......I'll take a double, OC.......with Hellmanns and extra melted "butta"

Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,950,928 times
I'll take the hammers-risk.. when you tear up the lobster chunks into bite sized pieces, squeeze the juice from a couple of lemon wedges BEFORE adding the HELLMAN'S mayonaise. It just adds a certain 'something' to the flavor of the lobster

and FWIW, I also squeeze lemon juice onto my lobster just before I dunk it into drawn Land-O'Lakes or Cabot's butter. Try it, you might like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
The only CORRECT lobstah roll:

Filling: Lobster meat and Cain's mayo, and just enough to hold the lobster together. Put ANYTHING else in, and risk being beaten with hammers.

Bun: Roll or hot dog bun, buttered on sides and grilled.

Repeat as necessary. That is all.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 PM

680 posts, read 2,441,039 times
I also like lemon juice and sometimes a dash of Tabasco. But absolutely no mayo on my lobster rolls - just melted butter and lots of it! yum!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:42 PM

586 posts, read 1,506,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
and FWIW, I also squeeze lemon juice onto my lobster just before I dunk it into drawn Land-O'Lakes or Cabot's butter. Try it, you might like it
Cosign, except using Kate's Butter (made in OOB, Maine...nom nom nom...)

Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,950,928 times
So I know we're talking about lobster rolls, but I have to ask because I was just on Facebook with my brother in California, and he posted that he had a fantastic Lobster Mac & Cheese for lunch.... I thought he was kidding, but no, it's true, and sounds pretty gross (I like my seafood to taste like seafood. Even a lobster roll is pushing it for me...) So what's the deal--do people really and truly eat Lobster Macaroni and Cheese?? And if so, why?? WHY???

And ndq, I haven't seen Kate's Butter, but will look for it

Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 AM

625 posts, read 2,436,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
So I know we're talking about lobster rolls, but I have to ask because I was just on Facebook with my brother in California, and he posted that he had a fantastic Lobster Mac & Cheese for lunch.... I thought he was kidding, but no, it's true, and sounds pretty gross (I like my seafood to taste like seafood. Even a lobster roll is pushing it for me...) So what's the deal--do people really and truly eat Lobster Macaroni and Cheese?? And if so, why?? WHY???

And ndq, I haven't seen Kate's Butter, but will look for it

Yes, I've had it, and I've made it. As long as you do it from scratch and don't use a whole ton of lobster, it's pretty good. IIRC, one chain place that has it is Bugaboo Creek at the Fox Run Mall in Newington.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Val - I have seen Kate's butter in both Shaws and Hannifords markets.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 AM

586 posts, read 1,506,687 times
Depending on where you buy it (MB vs Hannafords) it's about $3.29-$3.69 per pound. Clearly more expensive than regular butter but we did a taste test one day just for kicks (store brand, cabot, Kate's) and we are total converts.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,140,515 times
McDonald's serves cheap lobstah rolls = full of previously frozen lobstah meat.
No way around it--clean lobstah meat is always pricey
Cleaning your own lobstah is too labor intensive and requires too much skill and space for your local Mickey D's.
That is why their cheap lobster rolls were mushy and smelled funny. Add to that they added more mayonnaise than meat....

with a summer home in Bar Harbor, I have the luxury of eating the real thing....and when it's $5.99 a pound, it's easy to go get a few and steam them up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire