Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 PM

107 posts, read 343,216 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Tuftonboro NH and were wondering if there are any designated trails/trail systems for ATV's or 4x4's in the region? I do recall coming across an Off Roading Club somewhere on the internet at some point but cant find it again. What about riding on the Snow Mobile Trails??? Or just where the power lines run? Is this legal or frowned upon? Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubstyle247 View Post
We just moved to Tuftonboro NH and were wondering if there are any designated trails/trail systems for ATV's or 4x4's in the region? I do recall coming across an Off Roading Club somewhere on the internet at some point but cant find it again. What about riding on the Snow Mobile Trails??? Or just where the power lines run? Is this legal or frowned upon? Thanks everyone!
Generally the trails are for hiking and snowmobiling only! ATVs really tear up the narrow trails and leave lots of rutting. I am not aware of any ATV parks in that area at all. Most people that have them tend to only use them on their own property. That has been my experience living in that general area. Yes, some people ride through the power line cuts, but that can be dangerous due to the rough terrain. I would stick with snowmobiles. You will use them quite often because that area averages 90+ inches of snow per winter.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:00 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,273 times
These are the guys to get in touch with about legal 4x4 truck offroading in NH. Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs 20+ clubs all under the Association banner working to open up public and private land for our hobby.

As for ATV's and such start here: New Hampshire ATV Club

Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,065,875 times
I saw some professional rock crawling rigs on trailers this weekend heading north. My guess is there is an ORV park somewhere in northern New England that they were heading to.

I'm a big fan of ORV parks since they are a dedicated area for wheeling with regular maintenance to prevent erosion/damage.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:59 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
I checked the websites and it looks like a few maintained orv parks are in coos county as well as southern nh. I don't see any in the lakes region. I guess the main reason I get peeved regarding atvs is because I have seen people use them on conservation lands that have narrow trails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire