Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 08:01 PM

3 posts, read 5,179 times

Advertisements

Hello, 1st time poster so a little background info... My wife and I moved from northern MA/southern NH to Coastal NC after 30yrs of living there. We thought it would be paved with gold and we could not wait to get away from the cold.... Long story short it was not everything we thought it would be (whole other posts worth). We do have good jobs here despite a bad economy, but we really would like to move back to NH above the lakes??? Here's the catch I work for Time Warner Cable (main line tech) down here and am looking to transfer to northern NH, can anyone tell me which towns have time warner service, I know i can ask at work but I'm not ready to make my moving intentions know yet. We are trying to narrow down an area search, based on the cable system and good schools for our middle schooler. I know this is a strange combo for criteria but with the economy the way it is a transfer is the only way it will happen... Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 11:23 PM

155 posts, read 305,159 times
Just a thought. Go to the Time Warner Cable New Hampshire Web site and put in an address for some sample areas where you might want to live or work & see if they offer coverage there.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:33 AM

3 posts, read 5,179 times
Thank you, i have already done that. I know they are in the Keene area and the lakes/no. conway area from family that is still in the area. When i go on the web site to do a search it lists every town in NH as a possible area, i would need specific addresses in each town for that search.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingtogetbacktoNH View Post
Thank you, i have already done that. I know they are in the Keene area and the lakes/no. conway area from family that is still in the area. When i go on the web site to do a search it lists every town in NH as a possible area, i would need specific addresses in each town for that search.
What exactly do you mean by northern NH? Keene and the Lakes region are not northern NH. Also you mentioned "above the lakes" -Keene is in the southwest part of the state and is nowhere near the Lakes region. Be advised that not all towns in northern NH have cable and some small towns that do have cable have very very limited offerings.

Not all of the Lakes region has Time Warner-only parts does. Laconia, Belmont and other areas have to suffer with Metrocast.

Last edited by nicolem; 10-08-2009 at 08:41 AM..

Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 AM

215 posts, read 584,054 times
Hello Trying,
I'm in Colebrook which is just about as far north as you can get ,with the exception of Pittsburg and a few smaller villages. A lot of the folks around here have satellite . There is a small cable company called White Mountain Cable . The only reason I know this is because I've seen their trucks. I don't know if they are a repair company or a provider ?

Old 10-08-2009, 09:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Give White Mountain Cable a call and ask if they have any openings for an experienced cable tech. Folks with your experience are not exactly thick on the ground up there.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:23 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,178,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingtogetbacktoNH View Post
Hello, 1st time poster so a little background info... My wife and I moved from northern MA/southern NH to Coastal NC after 30yrs of living there. We thought it would be paved with gold and we could not wait to get away from the cold.... Long story short it was not everything we thought it would be (whole other posts worth). We do have good jobs here despite a bad economy, but we really would like to move back to NH above the lakes??? Here's the catch I work for Time Warner Cable (main line tech) down here and am looking to transfer to northern NH, can anyone tell me which towns have time warner service, I know i can ask at work but I'm not ready to make my moving intentions know yet. We are trying to narrow down an area search, based on the cable system and good schools for our middle schooler. I know this is a strange combo for criteria but with the economy the way it is a transfer is the only way it will happen... Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Hi Trying - When we lived in Littleton, Time-Warner was available there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire