Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:14 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfool View Post
I'm getting married at Rye Harbor SP this summer. Awesome location, and it requires a little more logisitics as far as tent, chairs, caterer, DJ, etc, but it's still cheaper than most weddings, and the view alone is worth any penny. We're doing a lobersterbake as well.......just pray for sun please.
As a wedding gift, I will do my best to send some So Cali sunshine out your way for your wife to be and you on your special day. I hope you guys have a wonderful wedding and a lifetime of happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 02:00 PM

758 posts, read 2,888,760 times
Quote:
I hope you guys have a wonderful wedding and a lifetime of happiness.
Thanks, me too

Old 01-16-2008, 02:25 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,934 times
I'm getting ready for my youngest's wedding - no firm date yet. But we're interested in the Atkinson country club.....anyone know anything about it?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 6,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Allison View Post
I have a similar question so all the suggestions people made for you won't work for me. I'm looking for a reception location to accommodate 100 - 150 for a Winter wedding next year. We live in the Durham area, and woud prefer a place that's beautiful in the winter as well as cozy inside.
HI, I have a similar question regarding a unique reception spot to hold up to 150 people - but my wedding is planned for late June 09. I would prefer to hire my own catering/bartender,- i live on the Seacoast in NH - and am willing to travel up to 1-1/2 - i would like a unique location, outdoors -Im thinking a farm, large open field, barn, waterfront etc. - but really just something different but on the less expensive side - does anybody have any suggestions?? any help would be great!!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,962 times
I would highly recommend the Alpine Grove Banquet Facilities in Hollis. Check them out on the web. Alpine Grove Banquet Facility - Hollis, NH (http://www.mv.com/ipusers/alpinegrove/ - broken link) - My daughter had her wedding there, you wont be disappointed. Their accomadating service is beyond and pricing is very competitive & reasonable without sacrificing any quality at all. They will even help plan your wedding for you.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:28 AM

12 posts, read 32,440 times
Flag hill winery in Lee. It has outdoor warm weather facilities and an indoor winter facility.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:27 AM

11 posts, read 74,556 times
FISHNFOOL - we are planning a wedding there this summer as well!!! Not as allaborate as yours (it seems). What is your date? I would love to compare notes. It definitely seems like a great place.
komojoaomo@yahoo.com

Old 05-11-2008, 07:58 AM

259 posts, read 988,166 times
I've been to a beautiful wedding at Candia woods golf links;
New Hampshire Golf Courses - Candia Woods Golf Club - NH Weddings, Golf Outings.
I'm told by the party hat was married they were very reasonable and the gardens providedbeautiful backdrops for the ceremony.
The website contains several picutures. They provided a flawless vnue for the ceremony afront their garden and lush green lawns.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:52 PM

67 posts, read 366,191 times
We were married in York at First Parish Church and then had our reception just down the road on the water at York Golf and Tennis Club. Very rustic, yet elegant. They do a wonderful job there. If you like the "barn" look, you MUST see this place.
York Golf and Tennis Club, York, Maine - Old Clubhouse Rental (http://www.ygtclub.com/clubhouserental.html - broken link)

Old 05-12-2008, 06:48 AM

758 posts, read 2,888,760 times
Hey Komo, our date is August 2nd. As far as most weddings go, we're keeping it pretty low key. Basic tent, tables, etc. necessary for bad weather. We figured we'd do a lobster bake since NONE of my family or friends lives out east, and if they willing to fly all this way we wanted to treat them right.

Other than that, it's going to be pretty informal. I'm just wearing a jacket and shirt, no tie or tux....causual dress for the guests.

We originally just wanted a laid back beach party but couldn't find a place that would allow it. Rye seemed like our best option.

How's your planning going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire