Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 PM

13 posts, read 35,242 times

Advertisements

Hello!

So we are set to move but are struggling with finding a good place to stay until we find a house.
We are looking to buying a house in about 3- 6 months. We want to make sure everything is secure with our jobs and everything first. We can stay with family for a few days, but as a married couple we want are own space.
Does anyone know of any places that offer short term leases or a cheap extend a stay hotel. ( The actual extend a stay is to expensive for 3- 6 months!)
Thanks sooo much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 09:03 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWings0509 View Post
Hello!

So we are set to move but are struggling with finding a good place to stay until we find a house.
We are looking to buying a house in about 3- 6 months. We want to make sure everything is secure with our jobs and everything first. We can stay with family for a few days, but as a married couple we want are own space.
Does anyone know of any places that offer short term leases or a cheap extend a stay hotel. ( The actual extend a stay is to expensive for 3- 6 months!)
Thanks sooo much!
The only short term rental place that I know of is corporate housing. It's going to be expensive.

There's a Motel 6 on 73, across from Produce Junction. Contact them & ask them if they have weekly or monthly rates.

Are you willing to take anything, job-wise? Have you been told of the mess with the schools?

Old 11-11-2010, 07:31 AM

Thanks, I will check it out.

Yea I am willing to take anything Job wise. Nobody told me what's going on with the schools???? Whatever it is I hope it's better then what is going on in SC.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:48 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWings0509 View Post
Thanks, I will check it out.

Yea I am willing to take anything Job wise. Nobody told me what's going on with the schools???? Whatever it is I hope it's better then what is going on in SC.
You're welcome. It's not much help, but it's something.

The school situation in NJ is grim. You'd probably get a job faster in NC, & it's not great.

Go onto the main NJ board & start reading the old Christie vs the teachers threads.

My sister & her husband are special ed teachers. They've been teaching for 36 years. Their daughter has 3 more years of college. My sister planned to teach 5 more years & her husband was going to teach one more. He's going out at the end of this year & she will go out either this year or next. They probably will not be replaced. Christie has cut funding to most districts & in some cases by 100%. Christie is Sanford with a North Jersey accent & no South American girlfriend.

Go on the Meet the Press website & watch this past Sunday's show. Christie was the 2nd interview.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:40 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,160,229 times
You never know what an apartment complex will do. I would start calling all the apartment complexes in the area and ask if they do short term leases. You may be surprised.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:42 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,160,229 times
The first one that came up just doing a google search was "Cherry Hill Towers". On their website it says "short terms available".

Now I have no clue what this particular place is like. But just to give you an idea.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM

908 posts, read 1,830,533 times
Bishops View Apartments in Cherry Hill offers short term leases.

Their address is:

2395 Rt. 70 West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,711,708 times
You may want to check this out:

Philadelphia - Maple Shade, Overview - Crossland Economy Studios

It's a much more budget friendly extended stay place located right near the intersection of 73 and 38 in Maple Shade, which is the next town over from Cherry Hill. Not sure what their weekly rates are, but the nightly starts as low as $45, which is pretty darn cheap.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:57 PM

Thanks so much! I appreciate all the help! I am going to get starting calling all of them!!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:57 AM

50,829 posts, read 36,538,623 times
If you go on an apartment rental site like rent dot com, you can check a box for "short term lease" and it'll bring up the apartment complexes in the area you selected that offer short term leases. There are more than you think that will, and they are not corporate rates although they are more than if you signed a yearly lease. I spent 5 months in Houston and stayed in a very nice apartment complex. I think the "normal" monthly rent was $800 and something, I paid about $1000 something for the shorter term (Houston is cheaper than Jersey though). I also rented an apartment's worth of furniture for about $100 a month, it was much cheaper altogether than a furnished corporate place would have been, and also much cheaper then the extended stay hotels were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia