Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 PM

43 posts, read 86,528 times

Advertisements

I saw that this is a development that was planned in Harrison Township, but I couldn't find much information about it. Does anyone know if this is still planned or does it already exist?

We are still waiting on our house to sell, hoping to get to NJ soon and still deciding on where to live.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1130 View Post
I saw that this is a development that was planned in Harrison Township, but I couldn't find much information about it. Does anyone know if this is still planned or does it already exist?

We are still waiting on our house to sell, hoping to get to NJ soon and still deciding on where to live.

Thanks!!!
This might help. Welcome to Richwood Village

Richwood is adjacent to Pitman.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
As far as I can tell it's still planned, but I drove past the site not even 2 weeks ago and there is ZERO construction going on there. From what I understand, the anchor businesses/stores will be the first developed, followed by the residential units. I wouldn't hold my breath on moving there anytime soon. There is another major retail/entertainment complex planned along 322 in Woolwich near Kingsway High School that has pretty much been shelved do to the economy and local issues.

Right now just about the only thing being built in the area are a handful of traditional housing developments and some small retail and professional offices. It bodes well that development is still happening in the area, but a lot of the major projects planned over the past couple years have never taken off.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:53 PM

267 posts, read 950,533 times
I thought you ruled out the Mullica Hill area?

If it is new construction that you are after, did you look into Abitaire in Voorhees? It's a little odd in that it is next to a mall, but that seems to be the trend in development lately-- residential mixed with retail. There is a small streetscape there with a few retail spaces for rent. I think a new, hip restaurant is moving there soon too. I don't know...check it out.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 AM

invertigo- Well, I did rule it out, but then when I heard about that development it reminded of an area in the next town over from where I live now and it's such an awesome concept and a beautiful place to go. I figured that it would be worth looking into if it was something that was really going to happen. I do like Voorhees and I've been looking at rentals in Abitaire also. For some reason I missed that when we went to visit.

Thank you NJGOAT for the info on what's not happening with it. That's too bad, but if it ever does happen I'm sure it'll be really nice.

Southbound 295- That's really all I could find on it too. No timelines from what I saw, but thank you.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:17 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1130 View Post
invertigo- Well, I did rule it out, but then when I heard about that development it reminded of an area in the next town over from where I live now and it's such an awesome concept and a beautiful place to go. I figured that it would be worth looking into if it was something that was really going to happen. I do like Voorhees and I've been looking at rentals in Abitaire also. For some reason I missed that when we went to visit.

Thank you NJGOAT for the info on what's not happening with it. That's too bad, but if it ever does happen I'm sure it'll be really nice.

Southbound 295- That's really all I could find on it too. No timelines from what I saw, but thank you.
Be aware of this, Richwood is next to Pitman, which is next to Glassboro. My sister has lived in pitman for over 30 years. She tells me that the state is pouring money into Rowan University as if there has never been a recession. I've been beck to South Jersey twice since moving & stayed in Pitman both times. I've seen it for myself.

I'd use the contact us function on that website to ask them about a timeline. Welcome to Richwood Village

Old 06-03-2011, 02:15 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
kiki, I don't remember if you have kids or not, but Abitaire I believe is exclusively 1 or 2 bedroom units. Additionally, it is on the "less desirable" side of Voorhees and has the lowest rated elementary in town. A lot of that has to do with the huge apartment complex across the street and the low income housing developments built next to that complex.

Abitaire itself is nice, but I wouldn't pick to live there if I had kids.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
kiki, I don't remember if you have kids or not, but Abitaire I believe is exclusively 1 or 2 bedroom units. Additionally, it is on the "less desirable" side of Voorhees and has the lowest rated elementary in town. A lot of that has to do with the huge apartment complex across the street and the low income housing developments built next to that complex.

Oh, then that's probably why I never looked at it when we went to visit. I do have a son who will be starting kindergarten.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:

Less desirable....?? I think the area is fine. I live in CH not too far from it so I wouldn't have moved there if I thought otherwise. My daughter's sitter is in Voorhees in the development opposite the front of the mall and it's nice there too.

I think the concept of living near a mall is weird, but like I said, mixing retail with residential units is the hot thing now. I really only threw it out there because the Richwood development seemed at least similar in concept.

Which development is affordable housing there?? There are a few.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
As far as I can tell it's still planned, but I drove past the site not even 2 weeks ago and there is ZERO construction going on there. From what I understand, the anchor businesses/stores will be the first developed, followed by the residential units. I wouldn't hold my breath on moving there anytime soon. There is another major retail/entertainment complex planned along 322 in Woolwich near Kingsway High School that has pretty much been shelved do to the economy and local issues.

Right now just about the only thing being built in the area are a handful of traditional housing developments and some small retail and professional offices. It bodes well that development is still happening in the area, but a lot of the major projects planned over the past couple years have never taken off.
Market rate residential development is pretty much dead across the board right now. The only thing pushing dirt these days are affordable housing projects, thanks to LIH tax credits and all of the ARRA funding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia