Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 PM

6 posts, read 20,595 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am choosing between two places to rent in NJ, one in Cinnaminson and the other in Burlington. I know nothing about NJ as I live out on the west coast. I looked and people say Burlington isn't the best place and Cinnaminson looks nice based on the city data. Rent in Cinnaminson would be $100 more per month and I really only need to rent for about 4 months before I buy a house. Is it worth it to pay the $100 extra for Cinnaminson? It's a 25% increase over what I'd pay in Burlington. Distance doesn't matter, it's more of a safety and area factor.

I'd appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 05:41 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Do you have kids?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:59 AM

691 posts, read 3,061,282 times
Cinnaminnson is much nicer than Burlington esp Burlington City. The township of Burlington isn't too bad. Also - Cinnaminson is much closer to amenities and Philly. I would pay the extra $100

Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM

No kids, just myself for about 3 months. Mainly I'll be commuting to/from Rutgers-Camden. The extra time and distance to Burlington isn't a factor since it's cheaper. It's more will I and my truck be safe?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 AM

Well, just noticed it was Burlington City that the rental is in and since everyone pretty much puts it really down, I'll opt for Cinnaminson.

Thanks.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e602 View Post
Hi, I am choosing between two places to rent in NJ, one in Cinnaminson and the other in Burlington. I know nothing about NJ as I live out on the west coast. I looked and people say Burlington isn't the best place and Cinnaminson looks nice based on the city data. Rent in Cinnaminson would be $100 more per month and I really only need to rent for about 4 months before I buy a house. Is it worth it to pay the $100 extra for Cinnaminson? It's a 25% increase over what I'd pay in Burlington. Distance doesn't matter, it's more of a safety and area factor.

I'd appreciate any help.
I live in burlington. Cinnaminson is considerably closer to camden/rutgers via rt130. Burlington is close to 295 exit. Burlington court apartments are as low as 625 but theyre old. Our car has been stolen there while heating it one winter but that was 10years back. If u hate bugs dont go there. Willow Point in burlington township on salem road is cheap and good.. but u only need 4months so I dont know how much u will have to pay. I would be more concerned about your truck parked in camden than burlington hehe

Old 04-17-2008, 12:46 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,901 times
Don't listen to some people on here with regards to Burlington City. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Its a very nice city... Maybe only a few streets that I would consider sketchy. Nice downtown area. I would not pay the extra 100 and would go with Burlington City.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e602 View Post
No kids, just myself for about 3 months. Mainly I'll be commuting to/from Rutgers-Camden. The extra time and distance to Burlington isn't a factor since it's cheaper. It's more will I and my truck be safe?
You should be looking at apts in Collingswood or Haddon Twp if you are going to R-C. They are both on the train line.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:59 PM

Thanks all. I'd actually commute via the riverline since it's pretty cheap and the place I'd rent is close to it and it stops right by the school. Mainly, I will be buying a house in about 4 months from now somewhere in South Jersey while I'm in school. Haddon and the Cherry hill area are my most likely targets.

Every place has it's sketchy parts. The city I live in now in Phoenix has way higher numbers than Burlington and I feel perfectly safe there.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:19 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,901 times
If your used to living in a regular city environment I don't see you having a problem. The only place to avoid in the whole area is Camden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia