Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 05:54 AM

23 posts, read 97,619 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are househunting in Camden County. We have lived in Center City for 10+ years and love it. We're moving to give our 2 year old a yard and good schools.

We started in Collingswood because we like the town center- but the schools aren't great. Moved on to Haddon Township- schools are better but not great. Haddonfield doesn't feel right to us and honestly we can't afford it.

SO.... now we're looking in East Cherry Hill. We're surprised how much more affordable the housing AND with excellent schools.

Any feedback about which neighborhoods are nice in East C.H. We're looking in the 300-400k range, 4BR, 2B. Want a neigborhood with young kids.

I work in CC. Husband works in Bala Cynwyd right now but can move his office in 6 months.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 06:40 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,641,133 times
I live in Cherry Hill East. Although not as elite as Cherry Hill West, our schools are still excellent.

Check the Erlton section and Cherry Hill Estates. Lots of young familes, well-kept homes and yards and affordability.

GL and I hope you find something you like.

Shanny

Old 07-05-2008, 07:06 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,619,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
I live in Cherry Hill East. Although not as elite as Cherry Hill West, our schools are still excellent.

Check the Erlton section and Cherry Hill Estates. Lots of young familes, well-kept homes and yards and affordability.

GL and I hope you find something you like.

Shanny
As quietly as I can...whispering: good morning shanny..how's the hangover? Can I get you some more sangria?

Old 07-05-2008, 08:43 AM

23 posts, read 97,619 times
Thanks for the response. Can you tell me how the CH West is more elite? Newer, higher end housing?

The research I've done about schools shows that Cherry Hill East is much better academically.

Thanks again

Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,619,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsasmom View Post
Thanks for the response. Can you tell me how the CH West is more elite? Newer, higher end housing?

The research I've done about schools shows that Cherry Hill East is much better academically.

Thanks again
Our little shannybannany is nursing a hang-over today. I'm sure she's at the diner behind her house nibbling on a Taylor ham Egg & Cheese sandwiche and a side of fries w/gravy (NJ Hangover remedy). She'll get back to you I'm sure...

Old 07-05-2008, 03:18 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,522,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsasmom View Post

Thanks again
You are correct, CH east is considered to be better than CH west. Nothing wrong with CH. If you are willing to be slightly father away from Philly and more in the country, try Medford, great town, great Main Street, wonderful schools. High taxes but probably similar to Cherry Hill. Moorestown is another great option with better access to Philly but more expensive.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:39 PM

691 posts, read 3,062,941 times
Cherry Hill East is actually more elite with the better high school. CH East consists of everything east of 295 and the NJTPK. You really can't go wrong in any of the neighborhoods. I always liked the Point of Woods neighborhood off of Springdale Rd and Greentree Rd. Neighborhood is well kept with nice houses. Very close to the highways and shopping as well.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM

3 posts, read 16,162 times
I just moved to Cherry Hill. I used to live in NYC. I am trying to decide between Cherry Hill (East) and Voorhees. Does anyone know which schools are better and what some of the advantages/disadvantages to each area are. Things that I am concerned with are schools and young developments. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM

40 posts, read 229,563 times
Have you looked at Haddon Heights? Great schools and the same quaint "feel" of Haddonfield, but not as expensive...very easy to get to the PATCO station...

Old 08-07-2008, 07:56 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,641,133 times
Gawd! I am such a dumb-a**. I live in Cherry Hill WEST, not East. When I wrote that post I was indeed nursing a 4th of July hangover, DUHHHHH!

LOL!
Shanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia