Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:55 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Ineteresting. I just bought a house in King's Grant (close in two weeks). I had no idea there were different associations. Do you mean different between types of houses (single family vs. townhouses) or there are different associations even for the same type of houses?

We were only given copies of the Open Space Association.
Think of King's Grant like it's own little town with sub-divisions within that town.

The entire place is overseen by the KGOSA (King's Grant Open Space Association) and everyone who lives in King's Grant pays an annual fee of ~$150 to the KGOSA for the maintenance of all the King's Grant common areas like the walking trails, lakes, etc.

Then there are individual developments within King's Grant. Some are condo's, some are townhomes and some are single family homes. Each of these developments is known by it's own name and is generally governed by it's own association. Some of these are Williamsburg (townhomes), Villa Royale (townhomes), The Woods (condos), etc. If you drive through King's Grant, you'll see the signs at the various entrances when you turn off Crown Royal. Not every development has an association and those that don't just pay into the KGOSA annually and are only governed by KGOSA rules.

If your section has an association then there is a seperate set of by-laws that you need to follow in addition to the KGOSA rules. You will also pay a monthly fee to that association for maintaining things like swimming pools and grounds within the association. Some of them are actually full maintenance ones where they take care of everything outside including roofs and siding. One of the more confusing things is that some amenities are only for specific communities. For instance, the pool in Villa Royale is only for Villa Royale residents and can't be used by anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 07:13 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
OK. So it does sound like it depends on the type of house (townhouse vs. condo vs. single family). That makes sense as they certainly have different issues.

I only have to pay the KGOSA. Last year that actually also covered the community pool at no extra charge. This seems to vary though. Some years there is a small fee to use the pool and some years there isn't.

Do you live in King's Grant?

Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Everyone in the community is served by the Open Spaces Association. If you bought a single family home, you won't be dealing with a neighborhood (condo, townhouse) group.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
OK. So it does sound like it depends on the type of house (townhouse vs. condo vs. single family). That makes sense as they certainly have different issues.

I only have to pay the KGOSA. Last year that actually also covered the community pool at no extra charge. This seems to vary though. Some years there is a small fee to use the pool and some years there isn't.

Do you live in King's Grant?
Well it does sort of depend on the type of house, but not universally. I believe the lakeside single family homes have their own association (I'm not 100% on that). I also know that several of the townhome developments don't have any association at all (I know that for a fact) except for the KGOSA. So, while you can generally assume that single families don't have a seperate association and townhomes and condo's do, that may not be 100% correct.

I don't live in King's Grant, but one of my associates at work has lived there for over 15 years and I did strongly consider buying there before I settled on the Swedesboro area. So, my knowledge more or less comes from asking an endless series of questions to my co-worker when I was looking at properties there.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Any chance you could recommend someone in the area for hardwood floors?

Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM

Sorry, I don't have anyone to personally recommend. I'm sure some other's may chime in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia