Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 03:10 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times

Advertisements

A few Days ago Amtrak wrapped the Acela in a Cake Boss ad and thought it was worth showing it to you guys. To be honest why would you a train that would make the ad look like a blur 80% of the time. Bad move Amtrak ,should have wrapped the Vermonter route. Hehe , now every rail fanner has an excuse to go film at Hoboken Terminal.

YouTube - TLC's Cake Boss on the Acela passing Princeton junction

YouTube - Amtrak Acela Express "The Cake Boss" Train No. 2253 Newark Penn Station
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 04:32 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times
Have you ever tried anything from the Cake Boss? I'm not impressed with his bakery and I dunno how he became so popular... and now tourists HAVE to go visit him. There's always crazy lines out the door too. I've waited once for 30 min and then left. I've eaten his stuff from other people getting cupcakes and cannolis from him at parties. They were good but not anything special to me really. I remember the store seemed to be run so inefficiently and the staff girls running the place were just not customer friendly.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Have you ever tried anything from the Cake Boss? I'm not impressed with his bakery and I dunno how he became so popular... and now tourists HAVE to go visit him. There's always crazy lines out the door too. I've waited once for 30 min and then left. I've eaten his stuff from other people getting cupcakes and cannolis from him at parties. They were good but not anything special to me really. I remember the store seemed to be run so inefficiently and the staff girls running the place were just not customer friendly.
To be honest idk. I had one of his cupcakes and it was pretty bad. I'm sticking with Mr. Cupcakes. The long lines are a waste of time and make me want to give business to other bakeries. The staff seems very rude , but this is Hoboken were talking about everyone is rude. Its over hyped and his time has come and gone.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:36 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
To be honest idk. I had one of his cupcakes and it was pretty bad. I'm sticking with Mr. Cupcakes. The long lines are a waste of time and make me want to give business to other bakeries. The staff seems very rude , but this is Hoboken were talking about everyone is rude. Its over hyped and his time has come and gone.
Lol good to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about it

Old 08-04-2010, 08:14 AM

232 posts, read 612,717 times
Yup, been there, pure D-Bag........

Old 08-04-2010, 08:18 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
The ad agency only wants to have the train viewed when it pulls into the station. the vast majority of the rail line is in uninhabited areas. But a crowded platform? Thousands.

As far as the quality. It could be the best in the world and I wouldn't stand on line for it. The NJ/NY area is blessed with hundreds of great bakeries. I'd take a Wal-Mart cakes before waiting for hours only to be abused.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 AM

572 posts, read 2,021,228 times
I went to a cake tasting there (before TLC) as I was thinking of getting a specialty cake for my father's 60th birthday party. The cake was served on a paper dixie plate with a plastic fork. Now I am not asking for china and fine silver, but when someone is willing to shell out $1000+ on a cake for 20 people I would definitely expect at least a real fork on a real plate.

As for the actual cake, it was very dry and most of the options had no taste. I am not really sure why it is so popular, but he certainly did not get my business that day and I have never gone back.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCK7778 View Post
I went to a cake tasting there (before TLC) as I was thinking of getting a specialty cake for my father's 60th birthday party. The cake was served on a paper dixie plate with a plastic fork. Now I am not asking for china and fine silver, but when someone is willing to shell out $1000+ on a cake for 20 people I would definitely expect at least a real fork on a real plate.

As for the actual cake, it was very dry and most of the options had no taste. I am not really sure why it is so popular, but he certainly did not get my business that day and I have never gone back.
Dry? Ewww sounds pretty bad.

The Rail Community has a strong opinion about these wrap, after reviewing the multiple pictures i would agree this is Rail AD Graffiti.

RailPictures.Net Photo: AMTK 2036 Amtrak Bombardier/Alstom Acela Express Trainset at Levittown, Pennsylvania by Darryl Rule

Old 08-05-2010, 08:45 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,994,817 times
TLC definitely went overboard on the ad, BIG TIME! A billboard on the NJ Turnpike couldn't have sufficed? Geez...

Personally, Minos Bakery in Atlantic County has already stolen my heart!

Forget about Cake Boss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey