Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,524,410 times

Advertisements

It wasn't a pretty picture for New Jersey. The obese governor looking to blame Washington or anyone else for the mistake on the application. Sorry rules are rules and blaming someone else for its mistake looked pretty low class- especially when the next person on the news -pretty much put him down.

Why cast negative attention on the state. Move on!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,367,187 times
I'm not totally sure, as I'm going throught some tough personal issues myself right now.

But I question ... shouldn't this be merged with //www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...on-failed.html?

Again, I'm not sure, but I THINK both these threads are intimately connected.

If I'm wrong, please disregard this message.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 PM

72 posts, read 108,117 times
What I find almost fascinating is the " Deafening Silence" from the normally Loud and Boisterous Anti- Corzine, Anti-Obama fanatics.

If Jim McGreevey or Frank Lautenberg, both Democrats committed a serious $ 400 million dollar Mistake- these fanatics would be all over City-Data, the streets of Jersey, the steps of Trenton calling for a RESIGNATION of McGreevey or Lautenberg.

This is why you Never Ever Take these so called " movements", so called " activists"seriously.

They are "Not" a movement. In this specific case, these a fanatical Republican base hacks masquerading themselves as " Tea Party activists".

Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 PM

72 posts, read 108,117 times
Of the hundreds of anti-corzine, anti-obama comments you read "WEEKLY" on NJ City-Data, I have yet to find any of the "regular" posters condemning Christie's $400 Million Disaster ! NADA ! NOTHING !

There is absolutely No Credibility !

P.S. This is the "Exact" same scenario as the " Deficit Mess". When Bush racked up $ 1.3 Trillion in Deficits ( the highest of ANY President in history), absolute SILENCE from these people.

When Obama took office, the Very Same People became "OVERNIGHT" Deficit hawks. Every program, every project that Obama spent as President was Judged " WASTE OF MONEY, NO GOOD FOR the DEFICIT".

Its really an insult to the intelligence of educated people.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
What I find almost fascinating is the " Deafening Silence" from the normally Loud and Boisterous Anti- Corzine, Anti-Obama fanatics.

If Jim McGreevey or Frank Lautenberg, both Democrats committed a serious $ 400 million dollar Mistake- these fanatics would be all over City-Data, the streets of Jersey, the steps of Trenton calling for a RESIGNATION of McGreevey or Lautenberg.

This is why you Never Ever Take these so called " movements", so called " activists"seriously.

They are "Not" a movement. In this specific case, these a fanatical Republican base hacks masquerading themselves as " Tea Party activists".
Quote:
Of the hundreds of anti-corzine, anti-obama comments you read "WEEKLY" on NJ City-Data, I have yet to find any of the "regular" posters condemning Christie's $400 Million Disaster ! NADA ! NOTHING !

There is absolutely No Credibility !

P.S. This is the "Exact" same scenario as the " Deficit Mess". When Bush racked up $ 1.3 Trillion in Deficits ( the highest of ANY President in history), absolute SILENCE from these people.

When Obama took office, the Very Same People became "OVERNIGHT" Deficit hawks. Every program, every project that Obama spent as President was Judged " WASTE OF MONEY, NO GOOD FOR the DEFICIT".

Its really an insult to the intelligence of educated people.
You're venting all over the map here but just I'll stick to NJ.

With the current information on this event at hand, NJ's administration dropped the ball big time.

If, after four years, this administration can't make any measurable improvements in NJ's corrupt, backwater political culture, or put in place any relief for the beleaguered taxpayers, then Christie will end up joining his one term predecessors.

Since you, as an intelligent and educated voter, brought them up, what did you find appealing about a second Corzine term?

Or McGreevey's sleazy, abbreviated term as governor?

Last edited by doc1; 08-25-2010 at 11:10 PM..

Old 08-26-2010, 07:04 AM

doc save the partisan politics...
I was just commenting about the poor presentation by the current gov (regardless of party).

Old 08-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
doc save the partisan politics...
I was just commenting about the poor presentation by the current gov (regardless of party).
I responded to a poster who (speaking of partisan politics) brought up Bush, McGreevey, those that are anti-Obama and anti-Corzine, Republican hacks, Tea Party.................everything but Glenn Beck

It was certainly fair game in a politically charged thread.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 AM

This had nothing to do with Bush or any of them. its about the current governor- I guess he is a Republican and that's what made you so defensive. Who screwed up here Obama? Bush?

Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM

912 posts, read 2,447,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
It wasn't a pretty picture for New Jersey. The obese governor looking to blame Washington or anyone else for the mistake on the application. Sorry rules are rules and blaming someone else for its mistake looked pretty low class- especially when the next person on the news -pretty much put him down.

Why cast negative attention on the state. Move on!
While I am glad we're not getting this money borrowed from China by the federal government (the money won't be there next year when we have to continue to pay the salaries of everyone that would've been hired... and it all would've went to expanded government anyway instead of tax relief) does anyone here think for one second that if our governor was well-liked by the Obama administration and the surely left-leaning people who work at the Dept. of Education that a simple clerical error wouldn't have been corrected?

Funny that the funds, instead, went to a swing state (Ohio). Hmmmmm....

Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
ocean2026;15633671]This had nothing to do with Bush or any of them.
Don't tell me, tell JohnSLX. He introduced them to your thread.

Quote:
its about the current governor- I guess he is a Republican and that's what made you so defensive.
Defensive? I've defended no one. I certainly didn't defend this colossal screw up by the Christie administration.

I'll have no more qualms about voting him out as I did about voting him in.

Poltical parties don't mean much to me. Hey, I even voted for Jimmy Carter

Quote:
Who screwed up here Obama? Bush?
Again, another poster brought them up, take it up with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: