Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 06:41 AM

29 posts, read 120,347 times

Advertisements

I just moved to NJ from the West Coast. I have tickets for the US Open tomorrow at 7pm. How should I get there? Train to NYC and then subway? Or would it make sense to drive? I can leave from either New Brunswick or from Westfield. My hunch is to avoid driving, and take train/subway instead. Am I correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,611,838 times
You can get into NYC by bus or train then take a subway out there, off hand it might be the #7 but that is just a guess, I'm sure if you look up details online you can get the lowdown on it.

Driving, I would go in the Holland, then straight over to the Willy, up the Beek (BQE), and over to the Ellie, (LIE)

Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 AM

I was right about the #7 subway.
Driving, they want you to pay $19 for parking

That alone would make me think about taking public transport.

The US Open 2010 - Grand Slam Tennis - Official Site by IBM (http://www.usopen.org/en_US/about/transportation_and_directions.html?promo=subnav - broken link)

Old 09-06-2010, 10:15 AM

Here's a map link, driving, but id you click on the BUS icon, it will give you train info:
Westfield, NJ to USTA National Tennis Center: Flushing Meadow Pk - Google Maps

Old 09-06-2010, 10:17 AM

912 posts, read 2,449,250 times
As a South Jersey resident who comes from a family of Mets fans, let me tell you: there is NO easy way to get to Flushing, Queens from New Jersey. I don't care if you're from Cape May or Hoboken. It's terrible.

I once accompanied my Dad to a Mets-Braves game at Shea Stadium ad took a train - we got there in the 6th inning! A couple other times I've gone by train (we drove up to MetroPark near Edison) and it's been heavily delayed as well. We've taken NJT to either the NYC Subway or LIRR. It's just kind of convoluted with transfers, express vs. local, track delays. Simply a pain in the arse. Driving isn't much better, of course. The BQE to the Grand Central is always awful.

Long story short, I became a Phillies fan.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Well the evil racist censor Google (personal beef about Google's censorship)quotes about an hour driving or 2 hours by pubic transport, from Westfield.
South Jersey would be a bit, quite a bit longer either way.

I used to commute from Morris County to Woodside Queens and do it regularly in about 55 minutes each way driving through the HollTunn and over the Willie most days, 5 days a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey