Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,095 times

Advertisements

Are there any good Oktoberfest festivals in NJ coming up? ANywhere in NJ is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 06:43 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,860,945 times
I dont know of any

i wasnt impressed with the bear mountain oktoberfest.

what about this today in vernon

http://beeradvocate.com/events/calendar
5th Annual NJ Oktoberfest @ Crystal Springs
Beer Festival - Minerals Field - 1 Stone Hill Drive - Vernon, New Jersey

Old 09-18-2010, 12:57 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
Are there any good Oktoberfest festivals in NJ coming up? ANywhere in NJ is good.
I'm also having a hard time coming up with a list. I know that there are many Oktoberfest celebrations throughout the state but you probably will need to research each independently. Check Cape May, Smithville, Neptune, Warren, and Vernon.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:43 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
I'm also having a hard time coming up with a list. I know that there are many Oktoberfest celebrations throughout the state but you probably will need to research each independently. Check Cape May, Smithville, Neptune, Warren, and Vernon.
There's one in Smithville at the ole Smithville Historic shops every year! Best way to get there is to take the GSP & get off at exit 48. The end of the shops are located on the corner of Moss Mill Rd. & Rt 9. Make a right onto Moss Mill Rd. and the shops are immediately on your right!

Although, I am not sure exactly when it is though...I will keep you all posted.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:43 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
Default New Jersey Monthly lists these Oktoberfests:

Oktoberfest Red Bank

When: Sunday, September 19, 2010
Where: Elks Lodge, Red Bank
Celebrate Oktoberfest in Red Bank with a Bavarian Buffet, Beer Stein Race, Pretzel Toss, Yodeling Lesson, Live Music and Games for Kids to Benefit the German School of Monmouth County (German School of Monmouth County).
more

Celebrate the German tradition of Oktoberfest at Palmyra Cove

When: Saturday, October 2, 2010
Where: Palmyra Cove Nature Park
Gentlemen take out your lederhosen and ladies put on your dirndl for Oktoberfest 2010 taking place at Palmyra Cove Nature Park. Hosted by the Palmyra Cove Environmental Education Foundation, festivities include traditional hearty German food, schlager music and beer samplings. Attendees who want to enjoy the fresh outdoors are invited to participate in a wildlife observation hike, orienteering and seining. Back by popular demand is the “turtle lady.†Event proceeds benefit education programs at Palmyra Cove.
more

Oktoberfest

When: Saturday, October 9, 2010
Where: Forest Lodge
Join us at Forest Lodge, 11 Reinman Road, Warren, NJ 07059, (908) 754-7300. There's Bernie's Orchestra, German/American Foods, and a Live Performance by The Sängerchor of Clark. The Kids will keep busy with Carnival Booths, Inflatables, and Amusement Park Rides. There's a Vendor Fair too! Bring your family and friends! It's going to be a great day!! This event will happen rain or shine! There's plenty of covered seating under the Pavilions throughout the park. Admission $6.00 per person. Children under 10 years old - free admission!
more

Oktoberfest at Meadowlands Racetrack

When: Saturday, October 23, 2010
Where: Meadowlands Racetrack
Enjoy unlimited buffet and beer samplings, live music by Outside The Box, prize drawings and opening night of the harness racing – all for just $40* per person! The menu includes classic German dishes like Sauerbraten, Knockwurst, Bratwurst, Spaetzle and Strudel. Featured beers include Sam Adams Harvest Collection, Flying Fish Oktoberfish, Long Trail Harvest Ale, Saranac Pumpkin & Oktoberfest and many more. (*price includes Clubhouse admission and live racing program; excludes tax and gratuity).
more

Old 09-18-2010, 04:35 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,811 times
I have never been but they have one every year (or more than once?) in Rockaway.

Germania Park Dover, NJ: October Fest / Oktoberfest - Come and celebrate with us (http://www.germaniapark.com/octoberfest.htm - broken link)

Old 09-19-2010, 04:59 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
For all you South Jerseyians and Central/North Jerseyians willing to make the trip:

Oktoberfest @ the Historic Smithville & Village Green
Oct. 2-3
Smithville, NJ (see my previous post (#4) for directions!!!)

Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 6,352 times
Oktoberfest at Forest Lodge this past Saturday (October 9th) - was AMAZING to say the least. The food, beer & entertainment was outstanding. Many outside covered pavilions so weather wasn't an issue. Tons of stuff for the kids to do including pony rides! There was even a vendor fair with a wide range of items. Can't wait until next year's Oktoberfest!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 AM

877 posts, read 2,839,078 times
I was at Old Bay yesterday in New Brunswick, they had the buffet table set up, with some live music. Pretty neat, jam packed though we got a table.

Stuff Yer Face is supposed to have something tomorrow I think. May hit that up after work.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:32 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Oktoberfest View Post
Oktoberfest at Forest Lodge this past Saturday (October 9th) - was AMAZING to say the least. The food, beer & entertainment was outstanding. Many outside covered pavilions so weather wasn't an issue. Tons of stuff for the kids to do including pony rides! There was even a vendor fair with a wide range of items. Can't wait until next year's Oktoberfest!
shouldn't a true Oktoberfest be in September or no later than 10/3 or so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey