Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 11,242 times

Advertisements

I am re-writing/editing/fact-checking a paper for school that refers to Robeson Village in New Brunswick, NJ as a crime ridden area? I have never been their and can't find any credible information about the area, it's history, it's reputation and so on. Can any of you point me in a direction that I can find accurate information, and/or tell me what your experiences and opinions are about and with the area?

Is there anyone I can speak with directly about the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,107 times
Have you tried using NJ.COM? A search on that site for the term "Robeson Village", gave me quite a few hits. I would THINK the stories are reasonably accurate.

Robeson Village News, Images, Videos, Classifieds & More - NJ.com

Anyway, hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:25 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,354 times
That's the projects on Rt 27.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 PM

3 posts, read 11,242 times
Thanks PVS,

Whoelsebutcharles: Can you tell me about the history, reputation and condition of these projects. I am no where near New Brunswick and have no reference to the area other than what I have found on google.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennW View Post
Thanks PVS,

Whoelsebutcharles: Can you tell me about the history, reputation and condition of these projects. I am no where near New Brunswick and have no reference to the area other than what I have found on google.
Well I tend to stay out of that part of town since it is really the worst. Only time I go over there is when I go to Aldi's to get food. Rt 27 over there is the line between New Brunswick and Franklin. At this point since most of New Brunswick has been cleaned up, a lot of Franklin has become a toilet for New Brunswick. So since that is the border that's really the worst part of town now. I drove past there once, saw a bunch of little kids behind the fence all brawling all over each other, then I looked more closely and saw they were actually playing football. Hampton Rd apartments right next to this place is another one you want to stay away from.

That's about as much as I know. For the record I have never experienced crime in New Brunswick, it's mostly a college town now due to Rutgers University, with a hell of a lot of nightlife going on because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey