Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:33 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times

Advertisements

i think you give her too much credit. you're saying she actually had an idea that would raise revenue. it's not even that. it would cost a fortune. i bet if you did analysis, the $10 fees and the $100 fines wouldn't cover the costs of having the program.

it's actually just a blatent display of idiocy. some stupid concoction she thought of maybe cause she was sick of hearing idiot senior citizens complaining about kids in their front yards. or, even worse, she actually thought it was something that needed to be addressed, and honestly believed this was a good way to address it.

god - there's no route you can take that leads you to believe any intelligence was involved here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
My thoughts exactly...Ms Cleopatra needs to dedicate herself to real issues not nonsense....( really??? who would name their kid that)
LOL. Maybe her mother found out she was pregnant by calling Ms. Cleo on the old psychic hotline.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i think you give her too much credit. you're saying she actually had an idea that would raise revenue. it's not even that. it would cost a fortune. i bet if you did analysis, the $10 fees and the $100 fines wouldn't cover the costs of having the program.
yes, i was going to throw in the words "and grow the size of government" because of that point. what happens is you say you will raise $x million in revenue, you spend 3 or 4 times that before you ever see the revenue based on the expecation of the revenue (spending not related to that regulation), and in the end the program costs more to operate than it brings in. thats government.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yes, i was going to throw in the words "and grow the size of government" because of that point. what happens is you say you will raise $x million in revenue, you spend 3 or 4 times that before you ever see the revenue based on the expecation of the revenue (spending not related to that regulation), and in the end the program costs more to operate than it brings in. thats government.
not at all what i was saying, but ok.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:25 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL. Maybe her mother found out she was pregnant by calling Ms. Cleo on the old psychic hotline.
I couldn't tell how old she is, but there was the movie, Cleopatra, in the 60s & wasn't there a movie character, Cleopatra Jones in the 70s?

Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo111 View Post
I'd love to get their 'plate' number and call them in for ticket.
I'm pretty sure even if they started having plates on bikes you couldn't just call in and have someone issued a ticket.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
not at all what i was saying, but ok.
what are you talking about? what you said is right there in the end when i said "and in the end the program costs more to operate than it brings in." i just expanded on that point by saying that they will spend the expected revenue and then some before they even collect any fees. so you end up even deeper in the hole.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
what are you talking about? what you said is right there in the end when i said "and in the end the program costs more to operate than it brings in." i just expanded on that point by saying that they will spend the expected revenue and then some before they even collect any fees. so you end up even deeper in the hole.
i just simply was showing that the program would be expensive to implement, and $10 fee and $100 fines wouldn't cover the costs. yours sounded like government would spend money on other things before even getting this revenue, cause that's how government works. maybe i read it wrong, but that's what it sounded like, and it's not what i was saying.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
i just simply was showing that the program would be expensive to implement, and $10 fee and $100 fines wouldn't cover the costs. yours sounded like government would spend money on other things before even getting this revenue, cause that's how government works. maybe i read it wrong, but that's what it sounded like, and it's not what i was saying.
i guess you read wrong.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
i guess you read wrong.
entirely possible. so we said the same thing then. she's an idiot. voters should vote her out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey