Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 07:23 PM

11 posts, read 21,501 times

Advertisements

I went to see today, it was actually pretty nice, the one thing that bothered me was there was a few foreclosures which worries me, but also I guess there is a few "low income" lots which may or may not be an issue. Anyway the houses we did look at were very pretty and the ones with the little "breezeway" connected to the garage were really cool. Our price range is $375-440,000. We will see, we are looking to make an offer, hope it goes well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludejo View Post
I went to see today, it was actually pretty nice, the one thing that bothered me was there was a few foreclosures which worries me, but also I guess there is a few "low income" lots which may or may not be an issue. Anyway the houses we did look at were very pretty and the ones with the little "breezeway" connected to the garage were really cool. Our price range is $375-440,000. We will see, we are looking to make an offer, hope it goes well
Good luck! I'm glad you had the chance to come take a look. I wouldn't worry too much about the foreclosures....there are at least a few in every neighborhood right now, right? Plus - those homes were grossly overpriced when they were first built and people have lost money. They are much more reasonable now. There are some low income lots, but we haven't had any issues so far. Chesterfield is a good and friendly town.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:29 PM

34 posts, read 126,528 times
Quote:
Hey guys, my wife and I are relocating from Hoboken. My wife's territory is the Marlton, Moorestown area and I work out of Newark Airport, so we are trying to find a centralish location for not only work, but our familes (Vineland & Freehold). Anyway We would love to buy in Haddonfield, but 400k does'nt get you anything remotely nice for that amount of money. I came across some very nice new construction in Chesterfield, however the high level of Radon worries me (If I can get a ventilation system for 2k to help, thats fine), but looking at the census/demographic info, it kind of resembles Camden City??????

I was also wondering what the restaurant/shopping situation is like and how far away civilization is (coming from Hoboken, any drive to get food seems like a hike)

Anyway, thanks for your help
Census/Demographic looks like Camden City??
Why because the census indicates a lot of african-americans live in Chesterfield? I hear that's based on the population in the detention center in Chesterfield. By the way just because a town has a high african-american population doesn't mean it resembles Camden? I know exactly where you're getting at when you mention the demographic info and how it correlates to Camden.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbrctr View Post
Census/Demographic looks like Camden City??
Why because the census indicates a lot of african-americans live in Chesterfield? I hear that's based on the population in the detention center in Chesterfield. By the way just because a town has a high african-american population doesn't mean it resembles Camden? I know exactly where you're getting at when you mention the demographic info and how it correlates to Camden.

yea, I wasn't trying to hide what I was getting out, whether people think its right or wrong, it is what it is...........and statistically when a demographic looks like "Camden" the crime rate is unfortunately higher.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
yea, I wasn't trying to hide what I was getting out, whether people think its right or wrong, it is what it is...........and statistically when a demographic looks like "Camden" the crime rate is unfortunately higher.
I hope if you buy that gorgeous house in Chesterfield that your neighbors are african-american. What are you going to do then? I'd like to see that.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 PM

^ What? That would be fine, I don't care, that isnt my issue, my issue is purely statistical..................

Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbrctr View Post
I hope if you buy that gorgeous house in Chesterfield that your neighbors are african-american. What are you going to do then? I'd like to see that.
Interesting how you took this so personally. How do you know preludejo isn't african american? There are plenty african american people who don't want to live in Camden, don't you think? You're really making assumptions based on the fact that a person doesn't want to live in a place like Camden? Seriously

Old 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
Interesting how you took this so personally. How do you know preludejo isn't african american? There are plenty african american people who don't want to live in Camden, don't you think? You're really making assumptions based on the fact that a person doesn't want to live in a place like Camden? Seriously
What in the world does your post about african americans not wanting to live in Camden have to do with his post about assuming high black population=Camden. I don't care if preludejo is black. It was a bizarre assumption to make based on numbers you see from a census survey. Don't you think? Seriously

Why is it so interesting because you think I took his post personal? I just think his statement is pure ignorance. You don't know much about a place but you notice it has a high black population, so suddenly you assume it's like Camden. That's the definition of ignorance. I really don't understand your response. I don't see your point at all in relation to what he brought up and I responded to.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:38 PM

Have a nice day qbrctr.

Good luck preludejo!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:53 PM

12 posts, read 137,868 times
Default 2013 Updates on Chesterfield

Thanks all for the information on this post. Could someone offer any updated info on the town and specially the new constructions (Such as "Heritage at Chesterfield" by American Properties)? Planning to move to the town and I'm trying to compile the feedback from current/ex residents. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey