Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 PM

19 posts, read 46,741 times

Advertisements

If you are looking at hamilton, look at Lawrenceville, Bordentown, Ewing,

If you can go further out west... East windsor, West Windsor, or north, Hopewell, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,721 times
My boyfriend is moving to the west side of hamilton new jersey off of Lalor near Spring Lake. Doesn't look great on laylor, kind of scary but the houses look nicely kept and so far the neighbors are older and friendly. Is it bad bad bad. Ok during day? Getting better? Help.
likesthecountry

Old 04-11-2010, 07:32 AM

81 posts, read 340,841 times
Hamilton is split up in 3 different areas/high schools. If you have children or are thinking of having children I would avoid the West and North areas of Hamilton that send to Hamilton West/Watson and Nottingham high schools. Areas that send to the Steinert high school and of course the elementary schools that feed into that school are more desirable and those zipcodes are 08690, 08691, and 08620. There are some nice homes, town homes, and condos that surround Veterans Park that vary in price range and start in the high $100's. I'm currently looking in Hamilton, and my husband and his family grew up on the West side of Hamilton so I am very familar with the area.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 AM

877 posts, read 2,838,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally315 View Post
Hamilton is split up in 3 different areas/high schools. If you have children or are thinking of having children I would avoid the West and North areas of Hamilton that send to Hamilton West/Watson and Nottingham high schools. Areas that send to the Steinert high school and of course the elementary schools that feed into that school are more desirable and those zipcodes are 08690, 08691, and 08620. There are some nice homes, town homes, and condos that surround Veterans Park that vary in price range and start in the high $100's. I'm currently looking in Hamilton, and my husband and his family grew up on the West side of Hamilton so I am very familar with the area.
What exactly is the deal with Nottingham HS? I know West is in the part of Hamilton that drifts right into Trenton, so obviously that area isn't good, but I don't see anything wrong with the area that Nottingham is in.

This isn't the first time I've heard this, I've heard people say they'd rather send their kids to West than Nottingham. Is there a reason for that?

I got some friends who are buying a house in the Hamilton Square section of town. Think that's a good area, feeds into Steinert HS.

Last edited by Whoelsebutcharles; 04-11-2010 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Additional info.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:27 PM

81 posts, read 340,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
What exactly is the deal with Nottingham HS? I know West is in the part of Hamilton that drifts right into Trenton, so obviously that area isn't good, but I don't see anything wrong with the area that Nottingham is in.

This isn't the first time I've heard this, I've heard people say they'd rather send their kids to West than Nottingham. Is there a reason for that?

I got some friends who are buying a house in the Hamilton Square section of town. Think that's a good area, feeds into Steinert HS.

Nottingham is also right next to Trenton. Actually the area the OP is talking about is in the Nottingham area of Hamilton. Hamilton is the 8th largest city/town in NJ with nearly 100,000 people so Hamilton is pretty huge and it has some really nice parts and some really crappy parts too. Hamilton Square is one of the nicer area of Hamilton.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:26 AM

877 posts, read 2,838,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally315 View Post
Nottingham is also right next to Trenton. Actually the area the OP is talking about is in the Nottingham area of Hamilton. Hamilton is the 8th largest city/town in NJ with nearly 100,000 people so Hamilton is pretty huge and it has some really nice parts and some really crappy parts too. Hamilton Square is one of the nicer area of Hamilton.
Oh I know it's a big town, considering it has three high schools, so yes naturally you're going to have a big mix of neighborhoods and "income levels". Nottingham is close to Trenton, just after you get west of 295 is where it is, but is West really better?

Old 11-17-2011, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,929 times
I am considering on signing a lease at Nottingham Apartment (1310 Nottingham Way, Hamilton, NJ), my biggest concern is if it is a comparatively safe area. Not concerned about schools as no kids will be living there.

Thanks for your input.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 PM

668 posts, read 470,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeli90 View Post
how about the far end of south broad street in hamilton? would you consider areas close to White Horse or Yardville Heights too close to Trenton or are they ok?
These are decent areas...older homes but nice neighborhoods...

Old 11-17-2011, 05:37 PM

668 posts, read 470,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post

Not sure why, but we have heard that too (about Nottingham). West is not a bad school (contrary to what people may say), it's a pretty close knit community...

Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 6,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhan View Post
I am considering on signing a lease at Nottingham Apartment (1310 Nottingham Way, Hamilton, NJ), my biggest concern is if it is a comparatively safe area. Not concerned about schools as no kids will be living there.

Thanks for your input.

Do not rent in that area! Horrible, you are less than one mile from one of the worse areas of Trenton.

JR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey