Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 AM

188 posts, read 414,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
I've got a recipe for a salmon sandwich - and I'm sorry, I'm not a purist, salmon is salmon, so I'll take canned. I put salmon in with cucumbers, red pepper, avocado, cilantro, and green onions. Mix well, then put between a bed of raw spinach on pumpernickel, and top with more spinach and pumpernickel. Apply teeth. A full can does me 4 sandwiches with all other ingredients added. After eating this, I'm not hungry the remainder of the day.
Sounds good. I like the Wild Planet canned wild caught salmon Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
peanut butter and jelly sandwich
this past weekend i was at dinner with a woman from work. they ask me about my diet. i dont usually like to discuss my diet because 1. its unusual 2. it brings up issues with people that demonstrate that i do not agree with many generally accepted "facts" about diet and nutrition. so i tell her i eat 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a day. she is questioning the nutrition and mentioned vegetables (which i see as mostly worthless from a nutrition perspective). i also basically believe that a calorie is a calorie and there is limited differences between fats, carbs, and proteins (except if you are doing some kind of ketogenic diet). anyway, she just said that she was looking for a quick meal and remembered our talk and she had herserlf a nice PB&J.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this past weekend i was at dinner with a woman from work. they ask me about my diet. i dont usually like to discuss my diet because 1. its unusual 2. it brings up issues with people that demonstrate that i do not agree with many generally accepted "facts" about diet and nutrition. so i tell her i eat 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a day. she is questioning the nutrition and mentioned vegetables (which i see as mostly worthless from a nutrition perspective). i also basically believe that a calorie is a calorie and there is limited differences between fats, carbs, and proteins (except if you are doing some kind of ketogenic diet). anyway, she just said that she was looking for a quick meal and remembered our talk and she had herserlf a nice PB&J.
That's all you eat? I'd tire of that in about 3 days. And we ate TONS of PB&Js on toast as kids. With a tall glass of milk of course.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Beer, of course.

If you need something more substantial, steak and beer.

If lunch isn't your main meal, a small steak and beer.

If you feel you need more carbs, a steak sandwich and a beer
I'm sensing a trend here........

Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
spinach, cabbage, onions cooked into egg whites.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:33 AM

177 posts, read 447,957 times
I could eat PB&J all day everyday.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
That's all you eat? I'd tire of that in about 3 days. And we ate TONS of PB&Js on toast as kids. With a tall glass of milk of course.
i basically see my weekday food as fuel. while variety is nice, eating the same thing is very easy to buy and prepare for. so i get my variety in restaurants, which is mainly a weekend thing.

my typical weekday consists of:

1 cup oats with splenda & cinnemon
1 muscle milk bananas and cream protein drink
3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
1 unflavored protein drink with some cappuccino powder
1 bowl of cereal

weekends i go to restaurants a lot and meals at home will either be pb&j or bowl of oats with splenda and cinnemon

Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,988 times
None. Skip lunch (and breakfast) and just eat dinner. Healthier than eating 3 meals a day.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:00 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
None. Skip lunch (and breakfast) and just eat dinner. Healthier than eating 3 meals a day.
Actually, it is not healthier.
Any MD can tell you about the importance of keeping your blood sugar levels as even as possible, no matter whether one is diabetic or not.

By eating only one meal per day, you are sending your blood sugar levels up and down drastically, and that is not a good thing. Even if you took the amount of food that you eat at dinner and divided it into 3 meals, you would be healthier in the long run than by eating that same amount of food in just one meal.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,988 times
...and this is why America is so obese..Everyone believing that 3+ meals are needed. Just junk to hear. You do know back in the days everyone just ate one meal and lived healthy lives. But retail (and md's) do not want you to do that. MD's need you to visit them for high cholersertal, high blood pressure. Mcdonalds needs you to scarf down their big maces!.they need money..while you die from obesity... I am not a follower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey