Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 05:41 PM

31 posts, read 75,630 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to have my condo re-carpeted. Can anyone recommend any places in Middlesex county that would do a quality job at (hopefully) a good price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:28 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,199 times
I can't recommend a local place but I will tell you this, about 5 years ago I had a room done in my apartment. I did some shopping around at some local places and then decided to call Empire (you know the company with the annoying commerical that plays a MILLION times a day?) Well when the sales guy got there he was very nice and professional but they quoted me almost 3X's what the local places were charging!! As soon as I saw the number I said "Thanks a lot for coming, but I don't want to waste anymore of your time that number is much more than I am willing to pay" Magically, some discount code materialized out of thin air and then price came down. Still it was too high so thanks but no thanks. He then gave me ANOTHER discount, still too high. Got another discount. Then i said listen, this is a waste of time I have a quote for this much. Well guess what, he came within $100 of the local guys quote and threw in some stain guard BS. I went with them and they did an EXCELLENT job were in and out fairly quickly cleaned up after themselves and put the furniture back, plus the work was guaranteed. I like that they give you a quote today and come in and install the carpet tomorrow. I'd say give them a shot but be aware that they have a lot of wiggle room on their quotes don't bite at that first number

Old 12-08-2009, 08:14 PM

208 posts, read 853,119 times
I always use and recommend "Carpets and More" on Rt 18 in East Brunswick. They've done a great job on my homes and my clients have all been happy with the job they did and pricing as well. Ask for Dennis McGee. Good luck!

Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,928 times
I used WorldWide Carpet on Rt1. 1000sqft wool berber came out to like 5k installed a few years back.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,550 times
Default #1 Carpet & Flooring Store in East Brunswick

This is the second time we’ve used Taubs Flooring and we continue to be impressed with the courteous and professional manner in which everyone has treated us. Keep up the great work! -Michelle Perl– Monroe, NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: