Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times

Advertisements

Feds steer $450M to N.J. for high-speed rail | NJ.com

This would reduce the Delays of NJT , although its not enough to completely rid the corridor all the Issues its a start. These improvements would lead to better and faster service on NJT's Electric lines. The whole line would be overhauled by 2028 , with the New Portal Bridge , and Catenary Improvements from New Brunswick to NY. A Few Rail Interchanges need to be built , and a few stations need to be replaced so the New Brunswick - Newark segment will take longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Feds steer $450M to N.J. for high-speed rail | NJ.com

This would reduce the Delays of NJT , although its not enough to completely rid the corridor all the Issues its a start. These improvements would lead to better and faster service on NJT's Electric lines. The whole line would be overhauled by 2028 , with the New Portal Bridge , and Catenary Improvements from New Brunswick to NY. A Few Rail Interchanges need to be built , and a few stations need to be replaced so the New Brunswick - Newark segment will take longer.
that's awesome. i wish it would happen sooner though!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:47 AM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
when will american rail get anywhere near the speed level of europe and extensiveness?? we are the birthplace of the railroad and the only good trains in the US are on the northeast corridor!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon the long distance trains need speed improvements badly and on-time performance needs a major upgrade. you know a train line fails when it takes 6 hours to travel between the same 2 cities a bus travels between within 3 hours!!!!!!! by the way I am referring to a train in texas. I want HSR to work and USA needs it badly I wonder if we can accelerate the funding by raiding the highway subsidies and using then for HSR?? Untill I can get to chicago on a highspeed train I am taking a wait and see

Old 05-11-2011, 10:08 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
when will american rail get anywhere near the speed level of europe and extensiveness?? we are the birthplace of the railroad and the only good trains in the US are on the northeast corridor!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon the long distance trains need speed improvements badly and on-time performance needs a major upgrade. you know a train line fails when it takes 6 hours to travel between the same 2 cities a bus travels between within 3 hours!!!!!!! by the way I am referring to a train in texas. I want HSR to work and USA needs it badly I wonder if we can accelerate the funding by raiding the highway subsidies and using then for HSR?? Untill I can get to chicago on a highspeed train I am taking a wait and see
soooo true!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,108 times
Quote:
I wonder if we can accelerate the funding by raiding the highway subsidies and using then for HSR??
Robbing Peter to pay Paul will only shift the small amount of sands in the hourglass.

No, we should bring Haliburton and "the boys and girls" home, WITH their budgets, and apply them to THIS county's immediate needs.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:00 PM

188 posts, read 414,513 times
Good news. Hopefully the North Jersey Coast Line also benefits from this.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner View Post
Good news. Hopefully the North Jersey Coast Line also benefits from this.
as if that would be a GODSEND that line is too SLOW IT NEEDS SPEED BADLY.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:49 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,483 times
The portal bridge is a disaster. This is welcome news

Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
when will american rail get anywhere near the speed level of europe and extensiveness??
When America reaches the size of Europe -- that is, Western Europe excluding Scandinavia and Italy, because that's where the much-ballyhooed part of the European rail network is.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:35 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
we are the birthplace of the railroad and the only good trains in the US are on the northeast corridor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you from England?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey