Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM

11 posts, read 54,984 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently accepted a job in Kenilworth. I was thinking about staying in temp housing in Cranford for a couple of weeks. Is anyone familiar with that area? I hope it's safe.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for cities/towns to consider near Kenilworth that are safe, but also provide night life, entertainment, etc. I'm looking to rent an apt.

I had considered sharing an apt with friends in south Jersey but everyone had avised against it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 11:06 AM

19 posts, read 135,072 times
Cranford is safe.
South Jersey would be a longer commute than towns around Kennilworth such as Union, Roselle, Roselle Park, Cranford, Elizabeth and Garwood. If you are looking for nightlife Elizabeth probably has the most. Elizabeth is more of a city type atmosphere and comes with city type problems.
Elizabeth is only about a 10-15 minute drive from the towns listed above so you may want to rent in one of those places and drive to bars/clubs/dining.
Westfield has probably the nicest downtown area to walk in but not a lot of night life. I live in Roselle Park and when I go out with my husband we go to clubs in Elizabeth or NY. Hoboken is another great place to visit day or night, but is not very close to Kennilworth.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:25 PM

31 posts, read 225,796 times
There really isn't much nightlife in that section of NJ (honestly not much nightlife in NJ 'cept for Hoboken) that's because it's "safe"... You might want to stick with Cranford or Roselle Park because that way you can take the train into Hoboken or NYC.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. It's all very helpful. I also wanted to ask what the most popular banks are in NJ. I currently bank with Wells Fargo but it doesn't look like they're in Jersey.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 PM

179 posts, read 706,525 times
Try Wachovia, World Savings or Spencer; all in Cranford which by the way makes the "safe" list in NJ at # 25 out of 250.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,285 times
I also work in Kenilworth and besides Hoboken both Morristown and Montclair have some, and both those town have a reasonable commute to Kenilworth. Hoboken is fairly expensive for rent but your commute would be reversed.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:57 AM

Nells, what would commuting time look like to Hoboken? Would I be going against traffic? I checked out Hoboken this weekend I loved it. I also checked out other places like Westfield, Garwood, and Summit and the apts there were OK. The area seemed very safe but not as exciting as Hoboken.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,110 times
I have a friend going to work in the Parsippany area for 3 months but would like to live in the Cranford area - are you aware of any sublets or reasonable furnished places for the summer period? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey