Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 AM
KC8 KC8 started this thread

40 posts, read 148,381 times

Advertisements

Hi

Thinking of moving to Lawrenceville, NJ. Have kids age 6 and 4, so looking for good school district.

- Can someone suggest how is the Liberty greene subdivision.
- Also any other subdivisions / communities to stay in that area.
- Any inputs on the public school district.
- Good Preschool information in the area.

Please any inputs will be appreciated as we want to make a decision asap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 07:07 AM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Here is some info on Liberty Green that was answered about a week ago-

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...enceville.html

Old 06-27-2011, 07:13 AM
KC8 KC8 started this thread

40 posts, read 148,381 times
Thanks jerseyj

any information on other subdivisions/communties in that area.

also I wanted any information from a parent whose children are going to the lawrenceville public schools.

thanks

Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 AM

5 posts, read 16,286 times
Lawrence township is a socioeconomically diverse town with many nice, safe, and affordable neighborhoods in a fantastic location (within minutes of all major routes, transportation, shopping, jobs, Princeton). Personally I would stay north of Darrah lane. The closer you get to brunswick circle the less desirable the neighborhoods become. Liberty greene is an acceptable subdivision, but it is in the middle of an industrial wasteland lol. I would suggest the developments off of Cold Soil in Lawrenceville village (not sure if they have a subdivision name), or if you are looking for something cheaper the ones off of Princeton pike (older but well kept neighborhoods). You won't find the school district in the top fifty listing, but it's a good district. Friends of mine have older children in the district and have been pleased with it. It's better than what you will get in Hamilton (neighboring town in decline).

Old 06-27-2011, 12:02 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times
Most of Lawrenceville is fine except for the sections directly bordering Trenton. The same can be said for Hamilton and Ewing.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvillenj View Post
Personally I would stay north of Darrah lane.
I agree with this. If you want to cut it a bit finer, I would say north of 95.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,013,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I agree with this. If you want to cut it a bit finer, I would say north of 95.
If you're going to say North of 95, you are basically telling OP that he might as well just live in Princeton, considering the houses north of 95 are priced like they are in princeton anyhow.

OP, check out Federal Hill neighborhood (off Federal City Blvd). There are newer homes in that development as well that dont cost a fortune.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Well, when I was house hunting I can certainly tell you the houses in Princeton were priced a lot higher than anything in Lawrenceville for something comparable.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM

360 posts, read 1,019,494 times
The general rule for suburbs surrounding Trenton is that the most Trenton-adjacent neighborhoods are generally considered less desireable/more dangerous/etc. For the OP are you considering a move for work reasons? If so, where will you be working, on Rt. 1 somewhere, off 95, Trenton proper? Knowing where you're heading on a daily basis might help posters suggest other towns/areas to look into as the far northern parts of Lawrenceville can be rather pricey as was mentioned up thread.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times
As far as the three towns in Mercer County bordering Trenton (Hamilton, Ewing & Lawrenceville), I would probably pick Hamilton as my first choice since it is bigger. As one of the above people said, yes it does have some sections that are in decline, the sections bordering Trenton. But its size gives it an advantage over the other two (88K vs, 30-35K), thus it has three high schools which all vary in make up in student body. Lawrenceville and Ewing both have one HS each, so there is no escaping the sketchy elements in the high school no matter where you are located in the town. Since there are three high schools in Hamilton, more of those elements are separated.

I would look for houses zoned to Steinert HS. I would rather send my kids to that HS than anything else in these three towns. This section of Hamilton is all suburban, not spectacular but solid. And it definitely will not be going anywhere for at least another generation, probably more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey