Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,956,135 times

Advertisements

Has anyone signed up for Comcast triple play with the rebate? Did you receive the rebate and how? Each time I called about it I get a different answer, credit to my account, in the mail and now, "I have to apply for it." It's been 12 weeks since installation. What to do???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 24,822 times
Did you ver get the triple play reabte? I am in the same situation as you. Kis there anyone that i can reach to file a complaint?

Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM

No, I did not. Even though they new I was an existing customer and told me I would get the rebate. They turned around and claim you have to be a new customer.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:42 AM

19 posts, read 68,881 times
I was promised for $100, should have negotiated more :-}.
later told the sales rep. was a outside vender and company is not aware of such rebate.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:52 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,898,805 times
we just signed up at a local Walmart and got a $225 rebate..

Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar84 View Post
I was promised for $100, should have negotiated more :-}.
later told the sales rep. was a outside vender and company is not aware of such rebate.
Yeah, this was last summer, I think they said that it was an outside vendor, but I signed up online, comcast.com. I think Comcast has some scam going. I was PO'D about this. My contract is up in the summer and I will threaten to cancel and go with Verizon.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 24,822 times
We all should contact the appropiate state attorney's office and file a fraud complaint. We all should also contact the local better bussiness bureau and file a complaint of fraudalent promises. Is there an attorney outthere that would like to getb this case for a class action suit????

Old 03-13-2009, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 12,274 times
I signed up for comcast internet and cable service with the promise of a $75 rebate per service. Well when i got my first bill i went online to file my rebates and there was no link, no info, nothing. I contacted a service rep and she flat out told me that they didnt offer rebates and she didnt know where i was getting my information. Frustrated at this i told her i got my information off of the comcast purchase site where the rebate was advertised in brilliant bold letters!!! After giving me the run a round for over an hour she insisted that there was no such deal and hung up on me. I gave up. However this morning I get online to pay my bill and what do i see? A large colorful advertisement promising $75 cash back rebate per service. So i go to apply for it and it tells me I dont qualify because my account is already active...well no duh the account has to be activated because you have to have the acount number in order to process the rebate. What a rip off, Im now out $150 since I spent extra money purchasing the plans that qualified for the rebate.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:05 PM

In 3 mos I'm switching to Verizon with a better deal and rebate, after what Comcast did to us.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 17,229 times
[FONT=Arial]I ordered the double play service over 6 months ago via online and was told to mail in my rebate form with my first billing statement show the back of the statement that would reflect the type of service I had. After about a month, I called to see if they had received the rebate and how long it will take to get it. After several transfers and given several phone number, only to go around in a full circle, I was told that I was under the Elephant group umbrella and given phone # 800.266.2278 and from there I was given phone # 800.526.3268 to the Elephant group’s rebate center. I then called the rebate center and was told that they had not received my rebate form and that I could re-submit it to their area and I was given a re-submit tracking # and was told to fax and to write the re-submission track # on the form that they would put it in their system and that the re-submission forms are pushed to be processed faster, that there is no one there that can rush the matter, it is systems operated. I was then informed that the regular time to receive the rebate is in 18 weeks. It appears that the matter is not being rushed since they recently confirm that they received my re-submission back in mid-January 09 and no rebate as yet. I was informed that I could check the status of my rebate online at: [/FONT][URL="http://www.checkmyrebate.com/"][FONT=Arial]www.checkmyrebate.com[/FONT][/URL][FONT=Arial]. I did attempt to get updated information from that site and it did not recognize my Comcast account #, but it did allow me to make a comment via the email attachment. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]I was told when I get the rebate that it would not be from Comcast but other name (Safe?) and that it would be a visa debit card. My 18 weeks is up in mid-April, I hope to see the rebate by then, but for now at least I know that when I call, updates are given, because when I initially faxed to form they showed in their system that I had faxed it several times and since than it is now showing in progress, I was told that it could launch for pay-out at anytime when it is in process mode. And since I had faxed the form several times they thought that was funny, but I told them that it is not that funny when you are told one time and it is “something else.” [/FONT][FONT=Arial]To sum it up, you might want to contact Comcast and ask if you are under another umbrella and get that phone number and maybe that group could help you with the status of the rebate or just contact the phone numbers that I mentioned and see what happens. [/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey