Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:01 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Your telling me somebody is going to come from a city by bus or train and rob a house and then take the bus back?
No, they take the bus out and steal a car to get back. And the #70 bus goes from Newark and Irvington to the Short Hills mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 07:30 PM

431 posts, read 942,672 times
Quote:
Highways bring robberys and car jackings , what criminal is Stupid enough to take PT to commit a crime? Its nice to see you moved from Newark to Millburn , I guess that was an upgrade. Whats next South Orange ?, nah , Summit?

choo choo,, are you the front or back of the train?

Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
The public Transit to the Short Hills Mall goes to Suburban areas and NYC only , so Urban Jersey is ruled out. And i doubt they come from NYC to commit crimes. Out of most of the crimes committed at the malls and suburban areas , most are done with people are there own cars....who do come from the cities. Your telling me somebody is going to come from a city by bus or train and rob a house and then take the bus back?

You bring your own car to car jack other cars? As usual you make no sense choo

Old 09-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
No, they take the bus out and steal a car to get back. And the #70 bus goes from Newark and Irvington to the Short Hills mall.

Yup same thing happened/happens at the Princeton Junction Train station. Hoodlums ride the north east corridor from trenton, get out and jack a car from the lot and take it to Route 1 south back to Trenton

Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
LOL , this is comical.....i doubt that....have any confirmed cases of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
Yup same thing happened/happens at the Princeton Junction Train station. Hoodlums ride the north east corridor from trenton, get out and jack a car from the lot and take it to Route 1 south back to Trenton
Is there any documented proof of this happening? There isn't because it doesn't happen....or at least not in the areas your referring to.... I know there have been alot of break ins up by me , but there isn't any transit to Urban Jersey. So your ideas go out the window , but alot of Anti-PT people like to stir the pot with hoodlums who use Transit to commit crime myth.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,748 times
Are people really under this much of a delusion that maybe, just maybe, crime happening in their seemingly perfect little suburban towns might be stemming from elements within or just outside? This is being portrayed as if the trains empty out legions of muggers, purse snatchers and car thieves at every stop after it's passed through Newark.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Are people really under this much of a delusion that maybe, just maybe, crime happening in their seemingly perfect little suburban towns might be stemming from elements within or just outside? This is being portrayed as if the trains empty out legions of muggers, purse snatchers and car thieves at every stop after it's passed through Newark.
All the train lines that stop in Newark , stop in the CBD ...not where the people even live. Most of the crime problem is from within the community , like what we saw with that Hispanic beating a few years ago. The Spike in break ins up here is been linked to neighboring towns and not the cities.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM

572 posts, read 2,022,089 times
It happened all the time at Menlo Mall as well as at Bridgewater. People would take the train and steal cars. I am huge PT advocate and use it all the time, but that does not mean that there are not bad people that use the train for nefarious purposes.

And there is PT that run from Neark and Irvington to the Short Hills Mall and other places in Millburn...a lot of the employees that work at the mall use the bus to get there.

Quote:
LOL , this is comical.....i doubt that....have any confirmed cases of this?

Is there any documented proof of this happening? There isn't because it doesn't happen....or at least not in the areas your referring to.... I know there have been alot of break ins up by me , but there isn't any transit to Urban Jersey. So your ideas go out the window , but alot of Anti-PT people like to stir the pot with hoodlums who use Transit to commit crime myth.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:03 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
I highly doubt any citizen of Millburn is responsible for the car thefts and car jackings, however distasteful you may find that.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,570 times
Face it. In this economy, it's the wealthy areas that are most at risk for burglary and robbery. Where do you think thugs are going to go when they want to rob or burglarize? Anyone born and raised in this overcrowded cesspool of a state can understand that. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey