Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
we've used up 3 of 4 emergency days already (it's actually 4 days, but 1 day was excused absence, not an emergency day). my boys won't be graduating until July at this point! still massive power outages in my town, we were very lucky and only lost power for a few hours.
Normally, we don't have school on election day because the voting booths are in the elementary schools. This year, we are having school to make up for these lost days. They said they would have extra security there on that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 09:56 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
funny boy have times changed, the old addiction in bathrooms in the70's and early 80's was something completely different!!!
LOL.

Yep. If you asked a 70s or 80s addict in the bathroom what "3G" was, you'd get a completely different answer than the one a 2011 addict would give you.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:02 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Even today, it is still a mess in Livingston. I have three families living in my house right now, and nobody can tell them when their power will be back on. Luckily, my street has the power lines underground. I cut up all the giant branches around my yard yesterday. There are still a few branches about 100 feet up that look like they are hanging on by a thread.
Doc, do your tenants have JCPL?

You can go here: https://firstenergycorp.com/content/...Oct31_1100.pdf

...to get estimates, by town, of when people will get their power back.

According to JCPL, 1,726 Livingston houses lost power.

485 households got power again on Monday.
NO ONE will be getting any power today.
1,054 households will be getting power again tomorrow.
58 households will be getting power again on Thursday.
131 households will be getting power again on Friday.

ETA:
PSEG says the following:

Quote:
November 1, 2011

PSE&G fall storm update: Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:00 a.m.

-- At this time, about 98,000 customers are without power. The utility has restored service to 83 percent of customers impacted.

-- PSE&G is making steady progress restoring service to the more than 560,000 customers impacted by Saturday’s storm and crews will continue to work around the clock until all customers have power.

-- The company expects to meet the state’s goal of having at least 95 percent of its customers restored by Thursday.

-- Counties most affected include Bergen, Essex and Passaic due to the extensive amount of tree and power line damage.

-- PSE&G has 237 crews and 212 tree crews working to restore power. In addition to its own crews, the utility has arranged for 60 crews from utilities in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi and an additional 60 contractor crews from Florida and Indiana to assist in the restoration effort as well as 122 line contractor crews currently on the property.
(PSE&G fall storm update: Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:00 a.m.)
Good luck to all of you.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Normally, we don't have school on election day because the voting booths are in the elementary schools. This year, we are having school to make up for these lost days. They said they would have extra security there on that day.
we don't election day off, but at this rate they'll be taking away 1 of our presidents day holiday days away. i wish they'd take both!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
Doc, do your tenants have JCPL?

You can go here: https://firstenergycorp.com/content/...Oct31_1100.pdf

...to get estimates, by town, of when people will get their power back.

According to JCPL, 1,726 Livingston houses lost power.

485 households got power again on Monday.
NO ONE will be getting any power today.
1,054 households will be getting power again tomorrow.
58 households will be getting power again on Thursday.
131 households will be getting power again on Friday.

ETA:
PSEG says the following:

(PSE&G fall storm update: Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:00 a.m.)
Good luck to all of you.
Thanks! I'll pass this along. I'm sure they will be very happy to hear about it.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:55 AM

573 posts, read 971,133 times
Got my power back. Missed my internet access over the last 5 days.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:32 PM

77 posts, read 376,321 times
I posted Saturday to give everyone an idea of the storms viciousness in Livingston. Shortly after the post I lost my electricity. Today my power was finally restored. I sure have a better understanding of all the things I previously took for granted after this experience.
Bill

Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcbill View Post
I posted Saturday to give everyone an idea of the storms viciousness in Livingston. Shortly after the post I lost my electricity. Today my power was finally restored. I sure have a better understanding of all the things I previously took for granted after this experience.
Bill
That's OK, I started the thread, the title of which now seems ridiculous!

I didn't get any snow, but I work with people who still have no power, no train line, or no cable/Internet/phone services.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
I was in the Randolph/Roxbury area of Morris County today and was surprised at the amount of tree damage. What a mess.

People are still without power. I could only imagine their frustration.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
Some people in the Rockaway area only got their power back today and it won't be til Sun. that it's all restored. Saw a huge sign tonite on someone's front yard in great big letters that said STILL NO POWER. People who have wells can't even flush their toilets. Others had cooler chests outside in the snow for a while but the snow melted fast. Heard Michael's was closed 2 days. A lot of ppl went to the movies to stay warm and pass the time. No fun at all sleeping w/ clothes on and using candles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey