Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,220,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its one thing for society to accept deviant behavior, its another for society to pretend this behavior isnt a negative.
The part of society that I belong to doesn't accept homosexual deviant behaviour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 AM

572 posts, read 2,023,369 times
Then I feel sorry for you if the part of society that you belong to you is so intolerant and prejudiced against those that are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The part of society that I belong to doesn't accept homosexual deviant behaviour.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
i understand if you don't like gay people
i love gay people. they are usually sweety pies.

im somewhat torn between my more libertarian side of let everyone do what they want and pay for their own actions, and my socially conservative side that says that there is a better way to do things and society should promote that way. however, neither of those beliefs allows for gay marriage. i dont see any reason so support behavior that i feel is bad for society.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 AM

11,362 posts, read 16,735,475 times
To the mods.

The decision is over and Christie said no.

Time to lock down this thread.

Thanks

Old 02-23-2012, 12:40 PM

If you don't want to read the thread then don't come into the thread. Just because the issue "is over" (which it is not) does not mean that people don;t still want to discuss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
To the mods.

The decision is over and Christie said no.

Time to lock down this thread.

Thanks

Old 02-23-2012, 12:43 PM

367 posts, read 960,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
please believe your bigotry out of my thread. thank you.
Bigotry? Explain how some guy slamming his male parts into his buddy's back passage isn't deviancy and how pointing out this fact constitutes bigotry. You seem always to revert to ad hominem attacks when confronted with irrefutable facts. I consider the source of the attack and it's neither much nor worthy of further response. BTW, it's not YOUR thread.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:54 PM

It is no more "deviant" then some of the acts that plenty of heterosexuals perform yet those are looked upon as quite normal and common.

Do you think anal sex between a man and woman is deviant? What about oral sex between a man and a woman? What about 2 women having sex?

What you consider your deviant someone else consider their normal and vice versa. It is not any of our business what 2 (or more) people choose to do and who they choose to do it with.

I would like to know the irrefutable facts you think can not be disputed because all you are doing spewing bigotry and hate...and in a very tasteless manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
Bigotry? Explain how some guy slamming his male parts into his buddy's back passage isn't deviancy and how pointing out this fact constitutes bigotry. You seem always to revert to ad hominem attacks when confronted with irrefutable facts. I consider the source of the attack and it's neither much nor worthy of further response. BTW, it's not YOUR thread.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:51 PM

292 posts, read 719,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Good. If gays have the same rights under a civil union then why the whining? Who cares other than ideologically-charged militants who want to make this an issue? Gays should accept the civil union terminology. Their advocates are being ridiculous.
You are right, but some overly-sensitive stubborn ideologues on the left have a different perspective. They believe that it is our objective to oppose gay rights, but the truth is that is not the case. Our cause has to be to promote equal rights, but to also realize that while civil unions are unique to same-sex couples, marriage is unique to a man and a woman. It's not religious, its just common sense. Luckily, we have a Governor who agrees, and a majority of Americans agree, they are just scared to in polls because then they would be accused of being bigoted.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:51 PM

376 posts, read 666,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
yes, it is MY thread. thank you. you can't seem to show respect for opinions being that you're trying to push your opinion as a fact and not just an opinion.

and you mention this yet i haven't heard you or any of the people that say the same thing in this thread have to say about some guy slamming his male parts into a woman's back passage being deviancy. supposedly you think that it's okay when a straight couple does it even when it's not possible for them to conceive any kids by having that type of intercourse but yet you say that it's deviancy because two men can't conceive kids. the only reason why you would have such a problem with this is because those two men are gay and the man and the woman are straight. this is the definition of BIGOTRY. just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's wrong. you're busy talking about me looking down on other people's opinions thinking mine is better than everyone elses. isn't that what people do when they have different viewpoints towards something. the difference between that kind of bigotry and the bigotry you display towards people that are different than you is that an difference in opinion certainly isn't going to get anybody discriminated against by the federal or state government nor is it going to get anybody hurt. however, being a bigot in terms of you feeling that you being a heterosexual gives you the right to mistreat, belittle, harm physically, mentally and emotionally homosexuals is downright scary. the history of this country has shown the damage that bigotry has caused to others. it happened with the native americans, it happened with blacks, it happens with hispanics, it happened with people of different ethnicities such as italian and irish heritages and backgrounds, it happened to women and the list goes on. bigotry made brutality towards people that were viewed as different from the norm (heterosexual white males born in america who have x generations of family history over). if you look at the history of this country and what has happened to anyone that veered from the norm, it's down right horrific. how somebody could treat anyone that way because they're different and even tell that person that is different to accept being inferior and to kiss up to the people that claim they are superior to them is disgusting as well. you are exactly doing that when you say that to me. i'm supposed to bow down to you because i'm gay and you're straight. it's okay for you to take it up the trap door with your man because you're straight and i'm not supposed to because i'm gay is ridiculous.

now i don't know how you live your life but i would like to know what you would do if your child if you had any was gay. would you tell them the same exact thing you're telling me and wash your hands of them when they didn't agree with your viewpoint you're trying to push as a fact or would you actually love them because they're your flesh and blood? something tells me you are that ignorant enough to wash your hands of them.

and don't attack me expecting me to smile about it too. like i said, it's one thing if you don't like homosexuals. it's another thing if you go about calling us deviants.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
someone needs to take his medication
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey