Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 PM

27 posts, read 102,695 times

Advertisements

Why are sooo many people moving down to Florida? All my good friends are from Jersey now and I am a native Floridian. Well, If anyone is interested in moving down let me know I have some info for ya. All positive!! =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 07:19 PM

93 posts, read 307,494 times
Cool. I am happy for you. I just relocated to Austin, Texas and love it! People are friendly and I won't be scraping ice off of windshields this winter. I moved near the hill country and every weekend I am swimming in these gorgeous canyon springs with waterfalls. I have pics for anyone who is interested, quite a few NJ and NY starting to move to Austin, TX as well.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:30 PM

64 posts, read 244,386 times
Hey Stephanie,

I am actually from NJ living in south florida, and its not to my liking, what can you tell me about Orlando, my aunt has a house up there where I can live if I got a job. How are the people and the job market? I am sure hospitality and tourism is popular, as is education, but what else? I majored in Communication with a minor in Spanish, and am having a really tough time finding work down here.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:44 AM

36 posts, read 83,869 times
I moved to Fl from NJ (Montville) about 4 years ago, and I can't wait to get back! I was in NJ for the holidays and, despite the chilly weather, I love the look & feel. Florida is nice, great winters, but it's not NJ! Now if I can only sell my house.... :-)

Old 12-30-2007, 08:35 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful127 View Post
Hey Stephanie,

I am actually from NJ living in south florida, and its not to my liking, what can you tell me about Orlando, my aunt has a house up there where I can live if I got a job. How are the people and the job market? I am sure hospitality and tourism is popular, as is education, but what else? I majored in Communication with a minor in Spanish, and am having a really tough time finding work down here.
Well I live in Orlando and I'm not liking it. Most of my friends have relocated to other states, as they also were having hard times finding jobs once we graduated. The city itself is okay if you like to party, but there's not really much to do here outside of the theme parks.

My main problem here is I think things are just too expensive and the job market sucks. You know things are getting bad when hospitals, who claim to be the most stable employers, start laying off people because of budget cuts. I can't wait to get away from here.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:48 AM

70 posts, read 272,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieScrapbooks View Post
Why are sooo many people moving down to Florida? All my good friends are from Jersey now and I am a native Floridian. Well, If anyone is interested in moving down let me know I have some info for ya. All positive!! =)
Don't fool Yourself. Yes, many People are moving down to Florida, but MORE are Moving out! And I am one of them. Florida's Overrated, unfortunately it took Me 15 Years to find that out!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Excuse Me...... That's "New" Jersey!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,630 times
Quote:
Move to Central Florida and do what, wear a Mickey costume for Disney? Or maybe become a cashier at Walgreen's.

Please, the job market there is garbage. If you have a highly marketable skillset and want good opportunity, Florida is the exact wrong place to be.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:00 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,968,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Move to Central Florida and do what, wear a Mickey costume for Disney? Or maybe become a cashier at Walgreen's.

Please, the job market there is garbage. If you have a highly marketable skillset and want good opportunity, Florida is the exact wrong place to be.
You got that right, Fla is not a place to come and make a fortune, it is a great place to come to after making that fortune.
Maybe if you could figure out how to make a good pizza you could make a few bucks in Fla.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Amen to the Above Posts

Boy, You said a Mouthfull! 15 Years i've been here. Thank God I worked for the Airlines, or I would have made Peanuts! Now retired as of February, and going back Home to NJ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: