Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:09 PM

17 posts, read 21,858 times

Advertisements

Have you heard of a realtor not contacting you for over a month and then the last few houses that were available she is away but I always hear make sure you tell them you are with me. I have seen her 1 time this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 04:41 PM

65 posts, read 207,998 times
You aren't obligated to stay with any realtor. Unless you already signed a contract to sell your home...? We've been using many different realtors, depending on the area we are looking at.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:11 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by provideroffun View Post
Have you heard of a realtor not contacting you for over a month and then the last few houses that were available she is away but I always hear make sure you tell them you are with me. I have seen her 1 time this year.
Sounds like she already broke up with you. Move on.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,748,440 times
I don't think you can assume anything, so it might be a good idea to send your realtor a "Dear John" letter through email or registered mail to make the breakup official. If you don't, and you end up buying a home through someone else, your realtor may come after the other real estate office for a "cut," because he/she was representing you. Tell the realtor you no longer require his/her services.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
If you haven't signed an exclusive agreement just move on.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times
Are you buying? No, find another. I would speak with the agency broker.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
Sounds like she already broke up with you. Move on.
She sends me listings and knows what we want. She however says in her emails the open house is Sunday. tell them you are working with me.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
If your realtor sends you to open houses instead of showing you the home personally, you are with the wrong agent and should find another. You are paying big money for her services, and not getting any services. You should be getting updates every day, and scheduling appointments for anything that is a match immediately. By sending you to the open house, your agent is inviting competition from other possible buyers, which can lead you straight to a bidding war that you do not want.

Get rid of this agent and find another who will act as a proper advocate and make sure you receive timely updates and private showings. Who wants to look at their next possible home with other people milling about anyway?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You are paying big money for her services, and not getting any services. You should be getting updates every day, and scheduling appointments for anything that is a match immediately. By sending you to the open house, your agent is inviting competition from other possible buyers, which can lead you straight to a bidding war that you do not want.
She did offer to show me the house we last saw but the times she could show it were very limiting. It was not when can we see it but she said she was available at certain times which were like after 5pm on Friday and Saturday. So basically it was me who said we will go to the open house as her hours were so limited that it was easier to go to the open house as I work and have kids so to be given such a small window is not easy to fit in.
Also I am not paying her anything yet since we have not bought anything but she is just looking for a commission it seems.

She is also often away. She was away for over 3 weeks last year at one time and it never ends. The last 2 houses we saw she was away. She even had the selling agent show us a house the last time.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:23 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,828,140 times
I think you should only be obligated to the houses that your Realtor shows you if you decided to buy the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey