Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM

108 posts, read 295,653 times

Advertisements

Hi

We are waiting for our house to be close, but right now just waiting how long does the title insurance company usually take. So far we have heard from our agent and our attorney say it take 2 to 4 weeks. I'm just not sure if I should paid rent as the end of July, I need to move and is 1950 dollars extra for another month. Just wondering how long other homeowners took?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,948 times
2-4 weeks sound reasonable. but why is there any uncertainity with you moving? isn't the closing date finalized? most home sales process comfortably finishes within 45-60 days which includes inspection, attorney review, title, appraisal, mortgage commitment, etc.

are you trying to close in less than 45 days? if so, your attorney should have told you at the very beginning that it may be too short and there was a risk of not being able to close that soon.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:04 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,020,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypp View Post
Hi

We are waiting for our house to be close, but right now just waiting how long does the title insurance company usually take. So far we have heard from our agent and our attorney say it take 2 to 4 weeks. I'm just not sure if I should paid rent as the end of July, I need to move and is 1950 dollars extra for another month. Just wondering how long other homeowners took?

thanks

Postpone your closing till end of month if possible and keep them waiting for you.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 7,186 times
Default How long does title insurance take? Well, there are a few factors...

Generally, your GFE, 1003 and a few other documents are submitted by your lender to a title company. From there, title work begins. Typically, it takes only just a few days to do the searches and prepare the title commitment. Depending on prior mortgages, equity lines of credit, and judgments you may have "conditions" listed on the commitment. Those need to be researched further. Say you paid off a home equity line of credit previously, and it shows as paid on your credit report. In the title search, there is no release for it to be found recorded with the county. It is then the task of a title clerk to contact the lender the line of credit was with and request a release and/or paid and closed letter. Once this is documented, the condition on your title commitment is removed. I have seen clear title policies take as little as seven days up to as long as 20 days. It just comes down to what is attached to your credit and your property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey