Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:52 PM

12 posts, read 195,837 times

Advertisements

Anyone on here know of any contractors NOT employing illegal aliens in Northern NJ?

Could be plumbers, electricians, landscapers, etc. If so, can you please post the name of the businesses. I am looking to find contractors to do work but will NOT deal with illegals or those who hire them.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 PM

538 posts, read 2,458,410 times
I don't have any information, but I applaud you for standing up for what is right!

Old 09-26-2006, 08:55 AM

12 posts, read 195,837 times
Yeah, unfortunately things are starting to fall apart, lol. My husband and I are trying to do everything ourselves and we are severely limited by time and know how with some of these things.

It really is disgusting what has happened to this country.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:19 PM

4 posts, read 15,936 times
Sure I would be happy to recommend one! Speak to Bob Sanfillipo of Austin Industries. I highly recommend them. The number is (732) 299-7279

Old 10-14-2006, 07:06 AM

36 posts, read 125,282 times
lol, you must be kidding!!!! I've been a contractor for 25 yrs and in the past 10 have not seen anyone other than latins willing to work hard and show up for work. good luck and Keep looking.........

Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 PM

33 posts, read 178,013 times
good luck with that. Like finding a needle in a haystack

Old 02-04-2007, 12:12 PM

604 posts, read 2,914,735 times
Sick of,
You will find it very difficult to find what you are looking for. Those that use illegals are underbidding legit contractors by such large amounts that they just can't compete.
Unfortunatuly for the legit contractors these guys using illegals are getting most of the work and like it or not many of them do quality work.

Many of these illegals are replacing workers that barely put in a days work if and when they do show up.
I am sure if you call enough contractors you will find one that only uses american workers but you will wait a long time before they show up and finally finish your job.

Good Luck,
E

Old 02-09-2007, 09:47 PM

562 posts, read 2,615,569 times
on top of it all, it'll cost you 30-40k if not more.. and i know this b/c i'm currently constructing a new house from ground up... american companies are charging about 270-350k meanwhile portuguese constractors are charging 180-240k.. and portuguese people are well known for the pride on the work they perform.. quality and affordable.. there is nothing wrong with making a living... including if they are illegal.. maybe 1 day, they become legal and start paying taxes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
Sick of,
You will find it very difficult to find what you are looking for. Those that use illegals are underbidding legit contractors by such large amounts that they just can't compete.
Unfortunatuly for the legit contractors these guys using illegals are getting most of the work and like it or not many of them do quality work.

Many of these illegals are replacing workers that barely put in a days work if and when they do show up.
I am sure if you call enough contractors you will find one that only uses american workers but you will wait a long time before they show up and finally finish your job.

Good Luck,
E

Old 02-18-2007, 09:40 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Yeah, if you make all those illegals Legal, then they won't be cheap anymore. And then we will have to import 20 million more. Can the cycle of greed end already. Remember, all this lets bring em because they are cheap (free) started with slavery. How can anyone support that with a straight face and a true heart. It's like the wild west for god's sake, illegals go home!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,539 times
Default here to stay

I commend all righteous people looking for Contractors that don't use illegal (undocumented?) labor. Itoo need lotsa work around the house...
Question is - can anyone help/advise me on how to go about using undocumented work that does not employ any Legal Contractor? I'd rather keep the premium (x2, x3 the cost?) I have to pay for Contractors being Legal (and often quite patriotic) without actually obeying the law - and work directly with the people they would employ anyway... I realize there must be some caveats in using this type of labor, though... Anybody out there with some experience, suggestions on how to go about it, stuff to watch out for? (Don't hope for much from this forum...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey