Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:17 PM

513 posts, read 1,167,319 times

Advertisements

WOW!!! The worst rate since 1977. This is a time to reinvest in our youth, our education system and our future. Those old industries are never coming back. N.J. unemployment rate rises to 9.9 percent, highest in 3 decades | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM

116 posts, read 238,866 times
Putting more money into schools isn't the problem. Maybe we should try to lower state income tax, make it harder for illegal aliens to work here, continue to find thiefs in the public sector (not teachers/fire/police) and work in de-regulation a bit.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:12 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUskoolie View Post
Putting more money into schools isn't the problem. Maybe we should try to lower state income tax, make it harder for illegal aliens to work here, continue to find thiefs in the public sector (not teachers/fire/police) and work in de-regulation a bit.
We need Corzine back at the wheel.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:35 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
The 4th worst of any state.

We need to find some solutions. The governor placed the blame on the Giants and Jets for delaying that mall. As if a bunch of $8 an hour jobs are the solution.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Maryanne you have to listen to the ads on TV and the radio. The NJ COMEBACK is thriving according to the CEO of the state. He was at the RNC saying I,I,I 16 times on the great job he's doing. And to be fair Obama isn't doing much better.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
The 4th worst of any state.

We need to find some solutions. The governor placed the blame on the Giants and Jets for delaying that mall. As if a bunch of $8 an hour jobs are the solution.
Yeah, but if the jobs paid more some people would complain there weren't any jobs for regular people.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUskoolie View Post
I laugh when I hear "keep the immigrants from getting jobs." Your lawn won't get cut as cheap, your dinner will cost much more and nobody will be cleaning your office at work. If you can deal with that, then by all means round up all the illegals.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I laugh when I hear "keep the immigrants from getting jobs." Your lawn won't get cut as cheap, your dinner will cost much more and nobody will be cleaning your office at work. If you can deal with that, then by all means round up all the illegals.

Lawns are bad for the evironment and so selfish...a stone garden wouldn't require any watering or a lawn mower emitting toxic emissions into the air...I say no more lawns!

Old 09-21-2012, 08:38 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
And now the first 2 months of his budget are a disaster because revenue isn't what he projected. Corzine needed to go, but the crap this guy brags about is all failing. Instead of finishing that mall, he should have put that money aside for the tunnel. Providing more access to an improved commute would have helped lower road maintenance expenses and increased access to jobs.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I can live with that very well, thanks. Raise the wages for those jobs and give them to Americans who are forced on to public assistance. There should be NO illegals in the state when there are citizens who need jobs. How is that fair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: