Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Julian has it about right. It is far past time to get tough with people who don't belong here, who steal people's identities and Social Security numbers, and who take services that should belong to legal, law abiding Americans. Pull our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Put them on the Mexican border. Hire som unemployed Americans to build whatever needs to be built to keep these law breakers OUT.

I see EB Wick called Chris Christie fat and rude. In other news, the sun rose in the east this morning.
What a joke, BeerGeek. NOBODY has gotten tough on immigration because our corporate overlords LOVE THEM some cheap labor. Picking fruit, working in factories, cutting lawns and on and on. They work long hours for minimum wage or less, don't get benefits for the most part and don't complain much. They're any companies friggin' wet dream. And we know who has bought & sold our government, don't we?

I bust Christie's balls but as a dad he seriously should do something about his weight. Lose even 100 pounds and it'll make a big difference in his health & most likely his crappy, self-loathing attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 AM

456 posts, read 833,540 times
I will specifically register to vote in order to vote against Christie.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:47 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
Christie has gone so right wing lately and been to some many Republican events outside NJ I honestly don't think he is running for reelection.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Christie has gone so right wing lately and been to some many Republican events outside NJ I honestly don't think he is running for reelection.
He's preparing for a presidential run.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
I will specifically register to vote in order to vote against Christie.
Did you just receive your right to vote? If so, congrats.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
I'm in agreement with the poster that likes him. For years, we all have been told what we wanted to hear. He doesn't do that. He tells us what we need to hear.

He took over a hell of a mess and doesn't point fingers. He's simply analyzing and doing as each problem comes to a boil.

He has cut aid to towns and told them to budget better and not pass on the shortfalls to the residents. He's right. Our towns have gotten spoiled and just want to spend and not look for ways to save.

His weight is of no consequence to me. That is a personal issue. I hired him to govern, not look good.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 AM

513 posts, read 1,167,474 times
Booker 2013

Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,203 times
His budgets are as high as Corzine's, he has not made pension payments and he has increased bonded debt. He ripped into teachers blaming them for the pension mess when in reality the sole reason the teachers pension is in trouble is the State has not made the required contributions. He used examples of pension spiking and double dipping to get everyone exercised about the problem and neither of those issues are impacted by the teachers. Teachers also do not get the sick time largess he made an issue of. The pensions with spiking and double dipping are still eligible for COLA but not teachers. he massaged the pension numbers to tell a fabrication.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
His budgets are as high as Corzine's, he has not made pension payments and he has increased bonded debt. He ripped into teachers blaming them for the pension mess when in reality the sole reason the teachers pension is in trouble is the State has not made the required contributions. He used examples of pension spiking and double dipping to get everyone exercised about the problem and neither of those issues are impacted by the teachers. Teachers also do not get the sick time largess he made an issue of. The pensions with spiking and double dipping are still eligible for COLA but not teachers. he massaged the pension numbers to tell a fabrication.
we should probably not pay into any public pension funds so that the problem grows to the point where there is no choice but to drastically slash pensions.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,203 times
captain- have you read the pension documents? Do you know the % of a teachers salary that was needed to be contributed by the State to fund the teachers pension properly? It was 4%. Now is 4% an excessive amount to contribute? But miss the 4% for over 20 years and you create a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey